Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Iv'e been having some wine from the front together with hard shifts and poor fuel economy. Took it to the stealership (with my aftermarket warranty) and they said it was completely fried front diff. They said one of the bearings must have failed and then tore up the rest.

I was praying that the lift wouldn't cause the aftermarket warranty to decline the fix, and IT DIDN'T! They said the fluid looked like glitter coming out and that it's ALL COVERED.

$2,500+ for $75 deductible. And a free rental (four door ram.... don't care for it)

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
That blows but its awesome your warrenty covers it... What is the aftermarket warrenty you have?
No kidding. I'd like to know myself. Great guns everything came out fine.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Jeep warranties will cover up to 3 inches of lift on their vehicles. At least on Liberty, Commander, Grands, and Wranglers...don't have any experience with the other models.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I am also curious to know what aftermarket warranty it is. I have paid out of pocket to replace tcm after being in 3rd for a while and then about a year later I had to rebuild my rear diff, replace drive shaft, and now my sunroof has a broken frame. I have to be around 4,000 in out of pocket repairs if not more.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delay...

I bought my jeep from carmax and it was their warranty... I think.... They might have a third party that they contract out to.

They call it Maxcare... here is their link.

http://www.carmax.com/enus/maxcare/default.html
p.s. it should be done today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts