Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day--am trying to find a replacement for the black plastic grill inset between the grill overlay for an 06 Commander. The far left (when looking at it) section broke, I guess from a rock hitting it. Pretty thin plastic, kind of surprised no one else has posted about it. Regardless, I've searched, but cannot find that particular piece. There is mesh replacements and the grill overlays, but not that plastic fin style piece. Any ideas? Here is a picture of what I am talking about--the black plastic part.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
It is part of the grill. I don't think it is sold as a stand alone piece. You will have to purchase a new grill, or find one off a wreck!:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Just for info this part is dead easy to remove and replace, and yes in the parts book it is listed as ONE part with the grill assembly

·
2,248 Posts
There are also plastic chrome inserts available to replace the broken black parts. Several of us have replaced the black insert. You can find them on ebay. I also suppose that you could paint them black if you want the original look. Often the entire grill is for sale here on the Forum also.

type Grill Insert in the search box above and to the right and you will find several threads on this subject.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I was thinking of putting in something like stainless steel behind there to protect the rads form stones and rocks ... maybe blacked out expanded metal?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
My grille also is broken. I found a few on ebay for a little over $100.

EDIT: It looks like www.makeitjeepparts.com sells the black grille for $177.60
They are always cheaper then the dealer so it looks like ebay is the way to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought there are those who sells this part separately aside from those that are part of the whole grill. Try checking up ebay or any on-line stores perhaps. Anyway, you may opt to replace it yourself so here is a very helpful DIY on how to do grill insert replacement by yourself. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Maybe time for the E&G Classics grill? lol jk, good luck fixing it though. I might put my grill up for sale once my E&G one arrives, but not sure yet. If that is the route you plan on taking, shoot me a pm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts