Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing spark plugs on my 2010 3.7. I did the passenger side plugs first and then started on the coil packs, the first one's boot broke off. As did the third one.
Is there any way I can get these things to work until I can get new ones.

Also anyone use coils from Amazon? They are 1/3 of the price as the local auto parts stores.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So in order to remove the boots from where they were stuck onto the plugs I had to use needle nose pliers and just grab chunk by chunk. So reusing them is out.
Dealer wants $140 each -that's not happening. Amazon is $70 for all three, but I can't get them until Saturday. Local parts stores here are $60 each. Guess I'll be grabbing them locally.

The old plugs were horrible. These things may have never been changed. 148,000 miles. The plugs w the coils even have corrosion on the metal bases. All of them have the electrodes worn at least in half.
This should at least fix the hesitation and rough idle issues.
Everything i do to this XK just leads to more issues. I should have just left it stock and drove it until something broke. I am getting tired of nothing going right w this thing. I never had issues w my old TJ.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Slowly

But slowly you will have gotten rid of the old owners problems and you will know where you stand for future problems.

Swanny

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know. Thanks. I was very frustrated earlier. As I have been on everything I do to this thing. Ha.
Here are those horrible plugs....

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Six should be a snap, my Hemi has 16 - takes me 3 hours to change them if no problems. Don't forget to put dielectric grease on the new boots.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It took me a lot longer than 3 hours to get my six out. If I had 16 to do like you guys do, I would have really been frustrated.

Dielectric grease, crap; forgot that. Well next time I change the plugs, I guess I'll be changing coils again.
I would take them off and add it now, but I'm afraid that something else will mess up. As of now, all is ok. -at least with the rough idle issue.

Next is more fluid changes or these stupid clunks that are driving me crazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts