Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little guy snapped a disc in the read DVD player. I was able to pull out the top half easily but not the rest. Has anyone dealt with the before?

I tried removing the broken disc by putting packing tape on a putty knife but no luck -- I now think my only chance is to remove the dvd player, open it up and try to remove the pieces... is this even possible?

Alternatively, I can buy a replacement unit which will be about $200.... Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
My little guy snapped a disc in the read DVD player. I was able to pull out the top half easily but not the rest. Has anyone dealt with the before?

I tried removing the broken disc by putting packing tape on a putty knife but no luck -- I now think my only chance is to remove the dvd player, open it up and try to remove the pieces... is this even possible?

Alternatively, I can buy a replacement unit which will be about $200.... Thoughts?
Sometimes when you disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the cd player will automatically eject whatever disc is in there. I don't know how well that would work with a broken disc, but, it's worth a shot before you pull the whole unit apart.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.... but it's not that the dvd player is not trying to eject it... it tries but the leftover piece is to small to poke out.

Sometimes when you disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the cd player will automatically eject whatever disc is in there. I don't know how well that would work with a broken disc, but, it's worth a shot before you pull the whole unit apart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts