Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there may have been some discussion on this, but I really don't do alot of off roading, if any at all, so would a tera flex buget lift be a bad idea, or will I run into similar problems if I get the Rock Krawler 3.5 x factor

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
sciron4x4 said:
Go with the BDS 2" lift. Metal, so no rubber/poly bushings you have to worry about breaking. Just my $.02.
I would say the BDS or the OME sound like the most favorable at the moment.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sciron4x4 said:
Go with the BDS 2" lift. Metal, so no rubber/poly bushings you have to worry about breaking. Just my $.02.
Will I get a noticable lift with the BDS and i plan on putting on some BFG all terrains 265/70/17 or /18 later, will they fit?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
They will fit however you will have to do a little trimming of the inner fender. Plus you will need either wheel spacers or new wheels so you dont rub on the ball joint bolt.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Think this is it: http://www.bds-suspension.com/kits/449H

BTW a49er, you recommend the 2" BDS lift over the 2.25" Rocky Road lift. If so, why? Sorry but looking into lifts recently and don't know which one to go with. Was leaning towards the RR kit (because it is slightly over 2"), but after reading this I held back. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I can't seem to find any info about the BDS lift anywhere.. Where did you purchase at?

How easy to install?

If you have any questions about the BDS lift let me know. I bought scrion4x4's BDS lift of him almost a year ago and absolutely love it. No problems here either. I just need to upgrade my shock as the kit I got from scrion4x4 only came with the spacers.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Think this is it: http://www.bds-suspension.com/kits/449H

BTW a49er, you recommend the 2" BDS lift over the 2.25" Rocky Road lift. If so, why? Sorry but looking into lifts recently and don't know which one to go with. Was leaning towards the RR kit (because it is slightly over 2"), but after reading this I held back. Thanks.
Im not sure why he recommended the BDS over the kit he is running but it might be due to the Rocky Road kit using polyurethane rear spacers which are prone to fail. The steel spacers that BDS supplies are indestructible!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Rough Country is another option for a steel lift. The fact that it was steel is what drew me to it. That and it was less expensive than BDS.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Rough Country is another option for a steel lift. The fact that it was steel is what drew me to it. That and it was less expensive than BDS.
I have never really liked Rough Country. I know a lot of people that have used their lifts for all sorts of different vehicles and ended up changing them out for a different brand. However like stated, they are a lot cheaper then some of the other lifts on the market. But from looking at the pictures, they dont look anywhere as strong as the BDS spacers that I am using. I guess you get what you pay for! Again this is just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I did not recommend the BDS over the Rocky Road, I stated at the time (almost a year ago) that the poster might want to consider the BDS due to the concerns some members had with the Rocky Road. I have the Rocky Road and still recommend it as a good lift option.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have never really liked Rough Country. I know a lot of people that have used their lifts for all sorts of different vehicles and ended up changing them out for a different brand. However like stated, they are a lot cheaper then some of the other lifts on the market. But from looking at the pictures, they dont look anywhere as strong as the BDS spacers that I am using. I guess you get what you pay for! Again this is just my opinion.
I think you are simply looking for things to be combative about. You did the same thing in the 4" BDS thread.
I did not say it was cheaper. I said it was less expensive. You do understand the difference, right?
For the type of lift we are talking about whether it be the Rough Country or the BDS they are a simple enough system that they shouldn't cost much.
But I suppose if a man wants to spend nearly a third more, for what is nearly the same thing....

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I think you are simply looking for things to be combative about. You did the same thing in the 4" BDS thread.
I did not say it was cheaper. I said it was less expensive. You do understand the difference, right?
For the type of lift we are talking about whether it be the Rough Country or the BDS they are a simple enough system that they shouldn't cost much.
But I suppose if a man wants to spend nearly a third more, for what is nearly the same thing....
Ummm ok? Im not looking for things to be combative about. Someone asked a question and I was giving my opinion. I never said my opinoin meant anything but sometimes it helps out people in making a decision.

I do understand the difference between cheaper and less expensive. But at the same time cheaper also means less expensive. I wasnt refering to cheaper in quality, I was talking about cheaper in price. Hence why I said the Rough Country lift is cheaper then a lot of the other lifts on the market. I think you misunderstood me.

As for supposedly being combative in the 4" inch BDS thread I was just stating the facts. I wasnt purposely being combative. Thats not me.

Also Im not sure if your aware but I purchased my BDS spacer lift for $145 shipped to my door! So I didnt pay a 1/3 more for my lift.

·
Registered
422 Posts
If your not taking it off road are you really worried that much about it failing on you...the major wear and tear to make a spacer lift fail is mostly caused by the off roading extreame stresses...just my .02

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If your not taking it off road are you really worried that much about it failing on you...the major wear and tear to make a spacer lift fail is mostly caused by the off roading extreame stresses...just my .02

Im not sure who exactly this was aimed towards but in the end you have a good point. I on the other hand off road the hell out of my vehicle as you seen at Rausch Creek so I wanted a kit that would last. However, we really dont know if the guy who revived this thread plans on off roading his vehicle or not. Obviously the OP who started this thread over a year ago didnt plan on off roading at all but thats all irrelevant now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts