Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I whined about not being able to get into the third brake light across the top of the tailgate, this morning I've noticed that at least 3 of the bulbs in the center instrument cluster are out.. How hard is it to get the wood grained panel out to access the bulbs and what will I see?

Looks like there's no light behind the right knob might be a bulb in the center that's out too.

Is this a dealer job?

Thanks

KKKKFL

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Ok I whined about not being able to get into the third brake light across the top of the tailgate, this morning I've noticed that at least 3 of the bulbs in the center instrument cluster are out.. How hard is it to get the wood grained panel out to access the bulbs and what will I see?

Looks like there's no light behind the right knob might be a bulb in the center that's out too.

Is this a dealer job?

Thanks

KKKKFL
If you are talking about the lights around your heat control knobs, they are not replacable because they are soldered onto the circuit board! You have to replace the whole panel! Wonderful engineering. There is a thread on the forum where members have taken their control panel apart and replaced the bulbs themselves. My lights went out while it was still under warranty, so I had the dealer replace the board. :eek:rangehat:

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went thru it but my 06 dash looks way different. It is that simulated wood grain, and there are 4 knobs not 3. Also, I don't understand why the cap on the shifter needs to come off, are they talking about the trim around the shift lever?

Need more information.

Thanks

KKKKFL

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Went thru it but my 06 dash looks way different. It is that simulated wood grain, and there are 4 knobs not 3.
Doesn't matter. The bulbs will be the same.
BigBlue said:
Also, I don't understand why the cap on the shifter needs to come off, are they talking about the trim around the shift lever?
No, he is not talking about the actual stick (shifter). He is talking about the trim around it on the console.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts