Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a no name 3 inch bull bar and some westin lights from ebay. whole thing ran about $200. Made from quality materials and powder coating looks really good.
Directions are pretty self explanatory. However, I did find the powder coating resulted in needing to retap the threads in the welded on nuts. I also had to enlarge one of the holes on each side of the radiator support in order to obtain the correct angle to thread the bolt. Definately a two person job for the not so mechanically gifted. all in all took about 1 hour with all the extra work. I havent mounted the lights just yet because i will be taking my time with that part of the installation.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if the other brands will require the retaping etc or not. make sure you have a couple of hours, and charged up drill. Also keep a few rags around to place between ur lower bumper and the brackets so when you are adjusting them you dont scratch the plastic.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks good. Can you post the sellers name. I want to get a bull bar, and like the way this one sits. Some of them seem to sit way to low.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the name of the seller was grille4you. i just got the lights hooked up last night. i plan on taking some pics today so ill have something to upload later.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i believe all their bars have the predrilled holes for the aux lights. you can sometimes find a kit, but there was not one avail for me at time of purchase. i got the lights of a diff seller named grandma something.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Nice photo.

·
Registered
158 Posts
the name of the seller was grille4you. i just got the lights hooked up last night. i plan on taking some pics today so ill have something to upload later.

dang, I cannot find any by him. I want to order a stainless one, but do not want to get one of the bull bars that hang down so low as in some of the pics on ebay.

I might just have to save up for the westin.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Did you have front tow hooks before you put on the bar? It looks like you lose the hooks in favor of the bar.

Looks good, btw.

:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Crap, I must have skipped over his posts since the bull bars are $666, :ugh2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah his kits are $666 i didnt get it either. the bar however is not. they come drilled with the holes, just buy the light kit seperate.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wish they made a bull bar that had a winch mount on it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts