Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title goes: Bump stops and straps. Who is using them and where did you get them from?

King and Fox both make the stops for JKs that are adjustable (pressure system)

Anyone using a billet spacer and just extending the original stops?

Limiting straps on the front end (to prevent too much down force when the wheel hangs off rocks) preventing over droop.

Pictures would be awesome!

Dave

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
That is what I am going to do, thanks for the picture and the thread link!

Also... How the heck does he has so much clearance between the steering knuckle and the strut?!!!!!!!!

Dave
The UCA's are the key to the spacing, and I suspect that His limiting straps are stopping the downtravel before it contacts the springs also.
Omelet's Build Thread (aka The Bison)! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

HM Engineering chromoly UCAs. Which I am not having any luck finding them available. Looks like someone recently asked Omelet about the UCA's...
They are chromoly arms made with a 1" uniball by HM Engineering years ago. They only made 10 sets plus the prototype about a decade ago. They are made very well and cost $550. Now with me trying to eek every little bit out of the suspension I wish they had 1.25" uniballs for additional travel.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the JBA arms currently and those are touching the OME springs. When my new coilers arrive it will not be an issue, but I am more than a month from getting them. I am going to try removing the plate that came with the SL kit and also get a 3" lift bracket instead of the 4" SL bracket too see what that does.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts