Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say this is a "Battle Scar" but quite the contrary. This occured about a month ago - I had gone to the car wash to give the CMDR a bath and some wax, and as I began to wash the front bumper I noticed there was some discoloration. My face turned RED when I noticed the damage to the vehicle. This is when I started looking into buying a bull bar. Somebody backed into my car, did this, and took off. I was unable to see it when it happened, and there's no residue on my car for me to distinguish or speculate at this point. I got some ps2 silver touch up paint from my dealer, however, if I want to cover all of this 5x5 diameter, I'd have to actually apply the paint with a rolling kit. The brush is too small. I"m not investing 250 for a bumper repaint, I dont think its bad enough, but I'll have to think of something before I can detail again :/

Attachments

·
2,248 Posts
When Phunkeydude broke down crushing Pink Jeeps, I turned around on the trail to go get some parts. Unfortunately there were some trees in my way. I pushed the trees down turning around. They pushed back causing some scratches to my bumpers. My short term fix was to coat them with black bed liner before changing the front bumper to a "Get Lost" bumper. It was not all that hard to do. There is a thread on it here somewhere. Might be a little more extreme than you had in mind. I eventually also coated the fender flares. It is a different approach, but makes touchup easy after any trail scar.

edit:

Here is the link:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5297&highlight=bedliner

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
That Jeep OEM bull bar thing covers well. You can have my bumper if you can come get it. I am in Iraq but my dad lives near by.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Alot of that scuff would polish out, the black marks are where the paint is cut down to the plastic and would need to have paint applied to those spots, it look like most of the marks are paint transfer from the other car. Give that a try, you would be suprised what a little elbow grease and tough up can do! -43:icon_biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts