Jeep Commander Forum banner

Bumper Mounted Driving Lights

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  VMI11 
#1 ·
Has anyone mounted a couple round driving lights on their front bumper in front of the grille? 6" or 5", any pictures? and what did it take to mount them?

#2 ·

This is a setup I had for a while. It is complicated and not too sturdy but the basic was a custom made bracket that was bent under the grill and bolted through one of the bumper push pin holes behind the grill. Then I used a bracket to support the mounts from the rear and clamped that bracket to the two radiator supports. sorry not many pictures of the stuff behind the grill

#3 ·
Ok discard that previous part about not having the pictures of the brackets.... This was not the finished product that I had but these are the first attempt at a support. There are no bolts into the bumper other than the ones behind the grill, there was some rubber between the light bracket and the bumper to help keep the lights from shaking...It didn't work too well. Hope this helps...

#4 ·
I see what you were doing, trying to stabilize the lights because the bumper fascia isn't very strong in this area.

Who's lights did you go with and size 5" or 6"?

#5 ·
Those are Delta 6" fog lights, GREAT quality and pretty cheap too. The driving lights are exactly the same, those are mounted to the roof rack. Those lights have been on several vehicles of mine and just take a beating but won't quit. The finished design of the light mounting system I came up with was a bit more refined than what you see above but the overall idea was the same. It held up well but the lights shook a little with BIG bumps.

#6 · (Edited)
These were the first lights I installed. They were Walmart Specials.
Now I have 2 PIAA 100W lights. Much better. But...DONT cheap out on wire. Use at least 14 guage wire. Thinner wire will provide less light.

I just got a new ASUS computer, 6g ram 550G hd. This is the first site I visited and this is sharp!!

#7 ·
I'm rethinking mounting them behind the grill and may go this way, what diameter and depth lights did you use?

#9 ·
cico7: i really like that look and the functionality of it. did you have to modify the grill at all so the light shines through? any major changes when you upgraded to the PIAA lights? how hard was the install? anything special because it was behind the grill?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.