Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to access the light bulb behind the HVAC controls in a 2006 Commander? The light has burned out and I would prefer to fix it myself than take it to the dealer.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Super Moderator
14,935 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks guys. I searched but didn't search the right area or used the incorrect words. Guess I'll be calling the dealer since I have an extended warranty and see if this is covered.

·
Registered
11 Posts
burned out light bulv behind HVAC control

I tried to replace mine and it was just too hard. Take it to the dealer, they replaced the whole assembly since they could not replace the bulb either.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
See if they will let you have the bruned out one .... I would like to see if I the bulb alone can be sourced and repaired

·
Registered
953 Posts
I had this problem in an old Subaru Outback we used to have. I found information here on how to replace the bulbs. Now, those bulbs weren't soldered in to the circuit board, but as you can see in post #4, there is a good replacement bulb available at Radio Shack that worked for me. Yeggster, if you get a chance, maybe this is the same type of bulb in the XK.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I understand they are soildered in with the Commanders ... but it may still be possible to repair them ... I do some electronic for my business and could probably find the part needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts