Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what happened to my 07 4.7L Limited. Came back on to share these photos and sell a couple random things I had left...

Fire in my driveway at 3am. after a month of investigating determined electrical but source unknown. had the infamous Best Buy installed Pioneer DVD/Navi/Back up camera, and remote start.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Wow, that sucks!!! Glad it wasn't close to your house to catch your house on fire. Glad nobody was hurt also. What are your plans now?

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
That does suck bad. Insurance? Also, your hitch cover looks fine (Glass Half Full). =)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
because of the MAJOR devalue, 9k miles - 10 months in service - MSRP 41k insurance paid 23k...and the possibility of Jeep discontinuing the Commander I bought a Wrangler Sahara Unlimited.

I will miss the amazing options my truck had tho...

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Wow, that sucks. Glad no one was hurt and that only the truck was lost.

Looks like the wheels are good too, going to ebay them? :D

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Wow, you can really see how hot it was based on the scorched grass. I bet your brick house was nice and toasty warm for a while too. Did the fuel tank rupture?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Whoa that blows man. Sorry for your loss, happy to hear no one was in it.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Very sorry for your loss, that really sucks :( ,,, good no one got hurt.

Any possibility its intentionality done?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Sorry to hear of your mis-fortune, glad to hear no body was hurt and you stayed in the Jeep family.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
That's really bad news. What a waste of your pride and joy. It must have hurt you to see her like that.

Chin up.....you're alive, well and fit....thats the main theme here.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So Sorry for your loss. Insurance never pays it all, tho they gladly take your premiums.

Glad there were no injuries or other property damage. Mine is parked in the garage,, lol.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
sorry for the loss. You were not able to find out if the cause was something from Bestbuy or not?

·
Registered
329 Posts
What bad luck! Sorry. I once had a Ford van that burned the same way. I had some gauges installed that we think was the cause.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, that sucks. Glad no one was hurt and that only the truck was lost.

Looks like the wheels are good too, going to ebay them? :D
bc of the nature of the loss and the last thing on my mind at the time was pulling off some parts, it was hauled away for investigation and totalled - never saw it again.

driveway is still blackened! still find glass, and track soot in the house...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, you can really see how hot it was based on the scorched grass. I bet your brick house was nice and toasty warm for a while too. Did the fuel tank rupture?

All the glass exploded out, in a few seperate occasions - not sure of the fuel tank b/c it was low on gas but probably would've flipped it if that would've occurred.

The front of the house was very hot, I initially came out the front door in my drawers and got mildly scorched and fell down - same with one of my neighbors trying to come over and check on me.

Fortunately the wind was blowing towards that shrub, saved the house and the car on that side. My Shelby GT500 convertible was on the other side and had serious damage to one side and destroyed the softtop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts