Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that some owners have experienced thumping sounds in the front end. Many have said it was the bushings and swaybar. Has anybody out there had this problem. if so, what sounds did it make and how did the service dept. fix the problem. Thanks

·
Registered
807 Posts
I read that some owners have experienced thumping sounds in the front end. Many have said it was the bushings and swaybar. Has anybody out there had this problem. if so, what sounds did it make and how did the service dept. fix the problem. Thanks
I have a few times....usually after crossing an deep ditch or something...i found the its mostlikey just a shift in the sway bar, but i have been able to turn the wheel from left to right extremes, and it seemed to "pop" back into place. it have caused me no issues to the point i felt the dealer would need to correct it. its only done it to me 3 times.....all where in extreme circumstances where i was on a slope and going over an extremed ditch with a lot of twisting and then having to back up in mid stride due to the terrain.

·
Registered
282 Posts
mine thumps randomly, but more often when making turns. something is loose down there, but it never makes the noise when the service dept test drives it. theres a couple of threads for bushings and steering racks. look in the problem thread

·
Registered
164 Posts
mine "thumps" (actually sounds like a crack) everytime i pull into my driveway, usually holding the wheel to the steering stop. I think that it's just the mechanical stop, but who knows. When i'm driving on the road, the front suspension does feel lose though, not sure what that's all about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts