Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try to clean up this section a little. When you sell your item please send me a PM (or post in your thread) and tell me if I can close or delete the post, I will also edit your title to indicate FOR SALE / WANTED / or SOLD as needed. We have no rules on expirations and I do not want to just close it for no reason so your help is appriciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,598 Posts
Hey, you made this a sticky!

Thanks for the updates and riding shotgun ( :eek: ) over us. Someone needs to.

What about putting an expiration date on FS or WTB items? and a rating for buyers/sellers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Great Job,..Thnx for your work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,561 Posts
I would think it would be a dis-service to delete sales thread upon the sale of the item. By leaving the present, closed is fine, whatever, others can get a good feel for the right price on another purchase, or subsequent sale.

Thanks for your consideration.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RedCommander said:
I would think it would be a dis-service to delete sales thread upon the sale of the item. By leaving the present, closed is fine, whatever, others can get a good feel for the right price on another purchase, or subsequent sale.

Thanks for your consideration.
I agree, if the seller asks for it to to be deleted then I will do that, other wise I agree that "closed" is a better option as it provides a sales history.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cico7 said:
What about putting an expiration date on FS or WTB items?
Anybody else have an opinion in this matter?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
a49erFan said:
Anybody else have an opinion in this matter?
I think just putting 'closed' or 'sold' would be sufficient.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
49er - In another forum that I frequent, the member that creates the thread has authorization to change the title of the thread. Why can't we do that here. Then the member who started the thread would just add the word **sold** at the beginning of the title. This saves the mod time from having to go through it and change the title themselves. It works really well. Just a suggestion.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
Or just allow the seller to delete the thread as a self-policing action.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
CrzCajun said:
49er - In another forum that I frequent, the member that creates the thread has authorization to change the title of the thread. Why can't we do that here. Then the member who started the thread would just add the word **sold** at the beginning of the title. This saves the mod time from having to go through it and change the title themselves. It works really well. Just a suggestion.


I this forum you can do the same, what you do is go to your first comment on the post you created, click on edit, then click on advance, and you can change the title...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,598 Posts
Closing a thread just disables it from being added to or changed correct?
I agree that these are good reference points for future sales, so auto deleting isnt a great idea.
So if the seller or WTB'r puts Sold as the last entry, that should do it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cico7 said:
Closing a thread just disables it from being added to or changed correct?
I agree that these are good reference points for future sales, so auto deleting isnt a great idea.
So if the seller or WTB'r puts Sold as the last entry, that should do it.
I agree, deleting threads removes history that could be helpful to other members.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ROMEO said:
I this forum you can do the same, what you do is go to your first comment on the post you created, click on edit, then click on advance, and you can change the title...
That is good to know, I didn't even know that one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
ROMEO said:
I this forum you can do the same, what you do is go to your first comment on the post you created, click on edit, then click on advance, and you can change the title...
It only changes the title of the post, not the title of the thread. In the other forum I can change the title of the thread. Mods only have the right to change the thread title in this forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
True, but at least as soon as anyone opens it will be able to see that is was sold... At least is something.;)

:confused: And how does me saying "I'm have this ___________ for sale" and then some one else saying "PM sent" helps the forum?
:confused: Specialy if the part is no longer for sale, is just a waste IMO...:confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A thread was recently started where the seller was a new poster (only one post) and listed a XK for sale. Some members feel this is SPAM (and it may be) and wanted the thread deleted.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5887

That brings up the rules discussion... Should a member be required to have a minimum number of posts prior to posting an ad?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
15,205 Posts
a49erFan said:
A thread was recently started where the seller was a new poster (only one post) and listed a XK for sale. Some members feel this is SPAM (and it may be) and wanted the thread deleted.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5887

That brings up the rules discussion... Should a member be required to have a minimum number of posts prior to posting an ad?
I don't see why not. Pics can't be posted until you have 4 posts.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,629 Posts
I think to post a sale item it should be 5 - 10 post minimum. For someone who is an active member that is easy to do if not done already. This will stop people from using the site like a free ebay or autotrader. This will also cut out alot of unused screen names. Looking at the member lists there are lots of names with 0 or 1 post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
564 Posts
adamag25 said:
I think to post a sale item it should be 5 - 10 post minimum. For someone who is an active member that is easy to do if not done already. This will stop people from using the site like a free ebay or autotrader. This will also cut out alot of unused screen names. Looking at the member lists there are lots of names with 0 or 1 post.

25 - 50 post minimum in my opinion...
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top