Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post on here, I have a 2007 Commander with the 3.7Litre engine. I am wondering if anybody has had a problem with a humming/buzzing sound coming from behind the dash. It occurs when driving down the road, when stopped, and even after I have shut the vehicle off. I have read about the winshield problem, but I think this is different, it sounds like something electrical to me. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think I have what you are talking about, but mine is more of a rattle from the passenger side behind the dash. I have no idea what it is. I guess I never posted about it because it never bothered me that much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine does it also, It seem to be at around 40 miles per hour, it is a buzzing noise in the dash, of course the dealer could not replicate the condition. Todd

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It stays on even after shutting it off, and continues to do it for about 5mins. It has only done it 4 times but only has 7k miles, I just dont want to come out after going to grocery store and find my jeep on fire or something.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I would definitely take it into the dealer. Unless there is some kind of electrical short I dont see how it is POSSIBLE for any noise to emit from anywhere if the engine is shut off. john

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
If you have a camcorder, you can keep it in your commander and when the noise appears, start recording. Use this to take back to your jeep dealer.

·
Registered
541 Posts
It is caused by your cellular phone. There is a TSB out there, but there is no fix to it as the cause is your phone...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts