Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where the A/C filter is located? My navigational system shows service for AC filter, checked A & B service manual and it does not indicate any info for such filter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Re: A/C Filter

I have never seen nor know of any vehicle that has an a/c air filter. It could be talking about a filter ( drier ) in the refrigerant system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: A/C Filter

Rubicon, in your nav system do you not have a maintenance tab that reminds you when to service oil, trans, air filter, replace transmition fuild, rotate tires and replace A/C filter?:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Re: A/C Filter

In the navigation system I remember there is the maintenance reminders but I don't remember what they are.

I don't know as we have an A/C filter. There used to be an option for on on the WJ but I thought they decontented that when they went to the WK and so it never showed up on the XK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
527 Posts
Re: A/C Filter

SHORTMAG said:
I have never seen nor know of any vehicle that has an a/c air filter. It could be talking about a filter ( drier ) in the refrigerant system.
Many/most upscale vehicles have a pollen/cabin air filter today.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,309 Posts
Im almost positive that it is refering to the cabin air filter and if its anything like my last vehicle its located in the area of the glove box. Up behind it somewhere. I never had to replace mine i just rember have people tell me about it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason I started this thread is because in the Maint. guide of my Nav unit has maint. on A/C filter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Ranger6882 said:
in the Maint. guide of my Nav unit has maint. on A/C filter.

ranger - what exactly do you mean? the maintenance guide of your navigation unit???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
07JeepXK said:
Im almost positive that it is refering to the cabin air filter and if its anything like my last vehicle its located in the area of the glove box. Up behind it somewhere. I never had to replace mine i just rember have people tell me about it!
well if my 08 has one it does not work. too much "dust" inside the vehicle for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
Ranger6882 said:
Yes, that would be correct.
roger - got it. i have an 08 and there is nothing like this at all. the maintenance section of your navigation unit.

maintenance does not equal navigation to me... 11B math please... or small words and big pictures...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Yes, there is a tab in the navigation system for vehicle maintenance. You can also adjust the miles for reminding you when you need to change fluids.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
ok, in the 08 MyGIG there is nothing like this that i know of. it is all in the VIC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
08XKLimited said:
ok, in the 08 MyGIG there is nothing like this that i know of. it is all in the VIC.
We have them in both. Not sure why.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
big pictures :)

i get it now - thought that was what you meant but since i do not have it did not know.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,134 Posts
1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Top