Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I've read a few posts on here about adding a cabin air filter but I didn't see photos. This fall I decided to give it a go myself. I bought a WK cabin air filter kit but this was not necessary. Just get the replacement filter and save an extra $15.

This is easy peasy. Pry up the passenger side windshield cowl and pull out the screen. Cut down the cabin air filter to fit the screen..... essentially cut off the slanted tip. Zip tie x2 filter to the screen and then reinstall underneath the cowl. Done.

It has been a few months and the filter doesn't get wet. I'd estimate that 90-95% of the air is being filtered. I could have cut the filter slightly larger to squeeze into the screen for a tighter fit and 100% air filtration. Next replacement cabin filter will probably be a charcoal filter for just a few bucks more.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
2,372 Posts
Reactions: G_unitXK

· Registered
69 Posts
That's a good idea, since I drive down a dusty road daily. Even though I never have the windows down, I swear this jeep just keeps getting dusty... Is there not a factory install in a different trim of commander, or even a durango/WK/Aspen that one could transfer over?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts