2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Its for a Grand Cherokee, if the only difference between the Commander and Grand Cherokee was wheelbase and/or styling changes of the fenders, hood and bumpers, then they both would have the same platform designation.

But they have different platform designations, because, even though the Commander is based on the Grand Cherokee platform, they made extensive changes all over.

So my guess is, it would be very unlikely that it would fit a Commander. Throw in it, that if it did fit both, why would they NOT advertise it for Commanders as well?

If you want to try it, let us know the results, if it does work, I would be interested, but I have so little confidence that it will work, I won't risk the $50 to try it myself.

[EDIT] It just occurred to me, if you compare the parts catalog for both Commander and Grand Cherokee and look up the parts that this filter will replace or attach to, look like it fits right under the plastic cowl between hood and windshield, if the part numbers are the same for Commander and GC, then maybe it will work, but if they are different part numbers, it be good evidence it won't fit or work.

·
Registered
953 Posts
It might be enough to just take apart the cowl under the passenger wiper and have a look-see if things match up to the installation instructions.

Anyone bored enough to take a peek?

:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I tried many, many moons ago but was unable to remove the wiper arms. Made probably six different attempts (the service manual has one paragraph dedicated to removal) - used PB penetration oil (amongst others), vise grips, battery terminal removal tools, small pulley removal tools, screw drivers, hammers, crow bars...you get the gist. Everything short of taking it to the dealer, never got that desperate.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I lifted up the cowl awhile ago without removing the wiper arm just to see what was in there (ie. if there was a filter- there's not), but didn't analyze hard enough to say if this kit would fit. No doubt you could figure it out by looking and comparing, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts