Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has just come to my attention that buying parts from the USA comes with a hefty shipping cost when going to Canada. I have been told to use a broker and it will be cheaper. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Mike

·
1,993 Posts
It has just come to my attention that buying parts from the USA comes with a hefty shipping cost when going to Canada. I have been told to use a broker and it will be cheaper. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Mike
Some guys here have shipped parts North for to save members money and to get them parts don't ship up there at all. You could try asking anyone to help out I would guess the further north they live the cheaper it would be.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Getting parts from the US may not be that costly IF you can avoid using UPS. Their broker fees are terribly expensive. If it can come to you via faithfull USPS go with it. Some sellers might also agree to state a package content as being a gift. That mostly happen with Ebay sellers...

Dominik alias Walterkilo
Montreal.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Get a mailing address accross the border, have it sent there and pick it up, install if possible and drive back, or make a camping trip out of it, stay 48hrs and it allows you to bring a bigger amount of product accross. I have looked at every option i can think of and this is the best and cheapest way of getting it done.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Only deal with sellers who will ship by regular US Post Office .. if the parts are made in USA there is no duty, and since they come by Canada Post after crossing the boarder there fee for brokerage will be $5.

When shipped by regular post I find about 75% of the time the packages come with no extra cost at all ... or just the HST and $5 fee at most.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts