Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my new BB lift, wheels and tires on and the tires rub on the front of the wheel well and the pinch weld. i made a few alterations but would like to see how others have corrected the rub before I make an ugly error. I would like to see some pictures of how people have cut their stock bumper to look better as well as correct the rub.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Here is what I did. Im running 33's on an Old Man Emu HD Coil lift.

The Sal-XK bumper mod!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah they are nitto terra grappler AT 265/70/r17. I have the MB chaos with -24 offset and they work without the spacers without altering the front bumper but i like them to stick out a little so I'm going to keep the spacers.

I like how you did the pinch weld. I think that is how i am going to go as well. It is in the body shop right now because my wife decided to rearrange another car's trunk. the guy had to replace the bumper and AC condenser and stuff so i asked him to alter the new bumper a little for clearance. we will see what he came up with and i may make some changes/improvements. Ill post up if i do.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Nice make sure you post pictures when its finished.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Links fixed.

FYI you can bypass the whole heating/bending of the liner if you just use 2 self-tapping screws on each liner. I've done 3 pinch welds since then and have just used the self-tapping screw method.

·
2,248 Posts
This is kind of related to this topic. I got major rubbing today on the front tires. I used the Poppa Commander, (original with lift and front receiver) to reposition the Stacker Trailer here at the "Okie Compound". I put the hitch in the front receiver so that I could more easily maneuver the trailer. I was concerned about hanging a 20,000 pound trailer on the steel front bumper. The bumper held up fine but the weight stuffed the tires up into the wheel well. It worked but it was really hard to steer the tires. It worked. I got to get a replacement camera to post pictures again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the old cut, and sledge tactic. I little redneck, but effective!!! @ 07JeepXK, did you trim the bottom of your front bumper???
Also,
Having a BIG problem with the black plastic rock rails , and I would like to take them off for good, however as we all know it's not very "pretty" under them. Has anyone tackled this? Any ideas???

·
Super Moderator
14,975 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Does steel armadillos sliders replace that same piece?
Sorry thread.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Super Moderator
14,975 Posts
those RRO sliders don't replace it, they go UNDER it (decreasing ground clearance).

Steel Armadillo sliders are the way to go :browsmiley:
I'm not talking about the sliders. Rocky Road makes rock rails that replace the stock plastic ones . If you go to the link I posted you will see them.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I used the old cut, and sledge tactic. I little redneck, but effective!!! @ 07JeepXK, did you trim the bottom of your front bumper???
Also,
Having a BIG problem with the black plastic rock rails , and I would like to take them off for good, however as we all know it's not very "pretty" under them. Has anyone tackled this? Any ideas???
Yes, but just trimmed the portion in front of both tires.

·
Registered
696 Posts
SAL where is your windshield washer reservoir? Mine is on the driver side and was afraid it would be not only exposed but visible if I cut my bumper like yours

1 - 20 of 52 Posts