Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Commander wears the outside of the front tires, I have 5,000 miles on new snow tires and there is already noticeable wear on the edge of the tire. I was looking at offset camber bolts, has anyone tried these? I'm not looking for perfection but for $15 if they help even out tire wear some would be worth it. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
167 Posts
My Commander wears the outside of the front tires, I have 5,000 miles on new snow tires and there is already noticeable wear on the edge of the tire. I was looking at offset camber bolts, has anyone tried these? I'm not looking for perfection but for $15 if they help even out tire wear some would be worth it. Any other suggestions?
The superlift lift kits come with a nonconcentric washer and bolt for camber adjustment on the LCA. Can't say I've heard of offset bolts other than that being used on a commander.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wonder how you will get the alignment done with the superlift and original LCA’s. I’ve got 2,5” spacers and the LCA is not able to move that way out to be acceptable. If you use UCA’s from JBA it aligns better but you will have issues with the front coils. I needed to go back to the 2” spacers.

As far as I knew the superlift came with other LCA’s to not run into that issue.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I wonder how you will get the alignment done with the superlift and original LCA’s. I’ve got 2,5” spacers and the LCA is not able to move that way out to be acceptable. If you use UCA’s from JBA it aligns better but you will have issues with the front coils. I needed to go back to the 2” spacers.

As far as I knew the superlift came with other LCA’s to not run into that issue.
The 4" SL comes with a new steering knuckle but reuses the LCAs. With my SL setup, the forward LCA bushing is what the adjustment bolt goes through. The rearward LCA bushing is mounted in slots in the frame for adjustment also.

·
Super Moderator
5,820 Posts
The 4" SL comes with a new steering knuckle but reuses the LCAs. With my SL setup, the forward LCA bushing is what the adjustment bolt goes through. The rearward LCA bushing is mounted in slots in the frame for adjustment also.
Just to clarify for anyone else who may read this down the road; The 4 inch Superlift re-uses the FRONT LCA's - but it replaces/upgrades the rear LCA's with a set of new ones.

I had my front LCA's replaced with a new set of Moogs when I had my 4 inch Superlift installed; My 4x4 shop said the factory front LCA bushings were shot, so, it seemed like the right time to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts