• I Like the Red Flag

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Romeo, Sciron, Crzcajun, and I have been floating around an idea about a camp flag. The thought here was to have a guidon made and anyone having an outing would request it and the guidon would be mailed to that person or group.

This is the design we are proposing:

Crzcajun has found a company that makes guidon's for the base he was stationed....please correct me if I am wrong.....and the cost to do this will be about $220-$240.

Anyone interested in pitching in on the cost? 12 people $20 each...
We have to pay Cajun so he can pay the guidon maker to get it started....the more people that contribute lowers the cost.......

Please give us a yes no maybe....Thanks

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Where is the design?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I am all for that idea, I would contribute but would want to see a mock-up or two for the forum to choose from (maybe the picture on the cafepress T or a national version of the EC JEEP XK), one with an off-road commander pictured. I also think it would be cool to have smaller ones on a magnetic base that trail ride participants count place on their commanders like the mohave runs have. Great idea.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Cool idea...I like it!
Why the colors? It looks kinda Jamaican. I think you should experiment with different colors. Maybe Red White and blue? White and Black? You should make the windows visible too.

Jamaican flag:

Commander flag:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
cico7 said:
here..........can't you see it??
I'll have to try from home. I can't access the site from work.:(

Though, I am interested in the idea.:)

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anxious to hear more feedback.....we be jahmin man ....but the black part in front of the XK will actually be a cut out....unless cajun tells me otherwise....

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
cico7 said:
anxious to hear more feedback.....we be jahmin man ....but the black part in front of the XK will actually be a cut out....unless cajun tells me otherwise....

It's a cutout.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like the idea...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a guidon is not only a flag but a type of pointer so troops could see the direction of travel from a distance... The notch is always in the back, it's the pointer or "arrow" if you will.
In this example, the pole would be on the left (straight) edge, and the rear of the guidon is on the notched side.. Which means the jeep is actually either running to the rear, or advancing in reverse.. The jeep picture should be reversed and driving in the same direction as the notch is pointing..
I'd like to see a few different designs also, and will kick in, but who would I send a check to?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I like the idea so you guys better get the ball rollin. Its less then a month until the next outing and I expect to see it there.....lol

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cajun, recently retired USMC, was our guide on this, (guidon). This is why we chose this as opposed to a square flag.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just did this one, taking the red, white and blue sugestion, tried to keep the same idea of the rectangle flag, and the triangle on the side, just the other side, tell me what you guys think.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
billspringer99 said:
I like the idea...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a guidon is not only a flag but a type of pointer so troops could see the direction of travel from a distance... The notch is always in the back, it's the pointer or "arrow" if you will.
In this example, the pole would be on the left (straight) edge, and the rear of the guidon is on the notched side.. Which means the jeep is actually either running to the rear, or advancing in reverse.. The jeep picture should be reversed and driving in the same direction as the notch is pointing..
I'd like to see a few different designs also, and will kick in, but who would I send a check to?
You are correct and thanks for catching that. Didn't even pay attention. Cico, can you fix this also? Thanks!!!

Money will be sent to me via paypal as soon as we find out if there is enough interest. Would need at least 13 people to go in on it for a total of $20 per person like Cico said. The more members that pitch in, the cheaper it will be for the members.

·
Registered
564 Posts
billspringer99 said:
I like the idea...

Fell free to get on PhotoShop and send us some desings of your own. We don't have much time so we need to make our minds up if we will do this, if we get enoght people in, let me know when and where to send the money to.

Also, any feedback on that last flag?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
cico7 said:
Cajun, recently retired USMC, was our guide on this, (guidon). This is why we chose this as opposed to a square flag.
Some units have the square guidon and some have the triangle cut out so it really doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I did not notice at first that it had a cut out but I do like that idea.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Romeo - The guy who makes the guidons said that he couldn't fit jeepcommander.com on it. But, I didn't ask him if he could do it in smaller letters neither. I think that they might only do one size lettering for the guidons since everything on the Marine Corps guidons are one size lettering (I think).

·
Registered
564 Posts
CrzCajun said:
Some units have the square guidon and some have the triangle cut out so it really doesn't matter.

Plus last time I check, we are just a group of off-roadders, so as long as we like what we come up we are good to go, there is no reason to get so technical...

·
Registered
564 Posts
CrzCajun said:
Romeo - The guy who makes the guidons said that he couldn't fit jeepcommander.com on it. But, I didn't ask him if he could do it in smaller letters neither. I think that they might only do one size lettering for the guidons since everything on the Marine Corps guidons are one size lettering (I think).

I have no problem if he/they have to change anything on it to make it work, that there is just an idea, so, if others like it, and he can do something close to it, I'm not atached to the desing...

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i am glad it isnt up to me, i hate choices like this.........
i like the red white and blue....but the jeep green, forest green i think is better for us...wont show dirt.....

glad we got the flag direction correct ....makes sense to me.....one thing about following your guide...dont follow too close or you'll get a brown nose, huh?

maybe me, but i find it exciting....sciron, have'nt heard from you.......

cajun, post your last flag...i think that is the one we should go with. I would also like to know if we can get the jeepcommander.com put on at a smaller size. If it doesnt cost too much....what is the size we are looking at 2ft x 3ft?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts