Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 limited already has a 2” lift and stock wheel and tires. I am due for new tires and don’t want to be rolling around on what look like little donuts for tires. Debated getting new rims but not in the budget right now.

My question is what is the biggest tire size I can go with without having to do any mods I just replaced both inner fender covers. I will also get the appropriate wheel spacer once the new tires are on to match the flare. I haven’t decided what width I want yet. I don’t want to wreck the tire early by going to wide either.

Sorry I’m advance if this has been covered I trying reading old threads but couldn’t find anything exactly answering my question.

·
Registered
488 Posts
You can read this FAQ. It goes through the range of tire sizes you can clear depending on your setup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure if already bought yet but I have a 2" RC lift and just put on 255/70/17 Kumho Road Venture AT51s. Was going to go 245/75 but the price for the 255s was about $150 cheaper for the set. The tires are great but DO rub slightly with when your wheel is fully cranked. Got them online through Quattro Tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Not sure if already bought yet but I have a 2" RC lift and just put on 255/70/17 Kumho Road Venture AT51s. Was going to go 245/75 but the price for the 255s was about $150 cheaper for the set. The tires are great but DO rub slightly with when your wheel is fully cranked. Got them online through Quattro Tire.
Do the pinchweld and trim some plastic back and you wont rub.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Not sure why you would rub with 2 inch lift. I have 245/75/17 which is about a 1/2 inch taller and they don't rub. Didn't rub before my OME's with stock rims and same size tire.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Brook,

Post some pics. You should get some wheel spacers. They do not effect tire wear. You do get a wider stance which makes it look substanially more aggressive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts