Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Limited with everything BUT the DVD package and chrome rims. I just checked the local inventories, and there is a limited, same Hemi, same color. and with everything including the items I did not order - but at another dealership.

Here's my dilemma:

If I could cancel my order, I'd eat the $500 deposit I left, but would get a more equipped vehicle for less money given the 0% finance rate. Obviously, I'd have to do this tomorrow.

If I propose this to the dealer, will they:

A. Say, "no problem!", arrange a trade, and get me the other Commander just under the 0% wire,

B. Say, "Tough crap, we're keeping the $500", in which case I just go buy the other at the other dealership,

C. Say, "We'll cancel your order and keep your $500, but gladly get that Commander for you for 0%",

or

D. Something else?

Anyone (especially those of you who work at dealerships) know?

Of course, quick answers would be appreciated!

- Joe

·
Registered
160 Posts
Joe most dealers want the sell. My guess they will probally go with the option A. Make the deal. You have to drive the vehicle, so get what you want with the options you want. Keep us posted. maximo

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do. The real incentive is that I will have lower payments for more options and not spend $5000 in interest over the 5 years... No brainer!

·
Registered
161 Posts
They can't keep your money....They should get you the one you want, some dealers, depending on the distance may charge to do the trade but most often times they wont. If they threaten to keep your $$ check your states consumer protection laws.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are, believe it or not, in the same town! I am checking if the one I found is still available right now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gah. Talked to two dealers, and both said they likely would not trade for a vehicle with less equipment. A different color, yes. Less equipment, no.

One did say, however, that my dealer might be able to contract me today (and get the 0%) with an approval from Chrysler - so that's my current strategy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: The dealer said that he can't (legally) contract without having possession of the vehicle (makes sense, I guess, you can't sell what you don't own). HOWEVER, since it is already in town and just awaiting sorting out and transported the 15 or so miles to the dealership, he is trying to get that done today so that we can contract today.

If he gets this done and gets me the 0%, he'll have one VERY loyal customer.

Of course, we all know what's gonna happen... Tomorrow we'll find out that 0% has been extended for March... LOL

·
Registered
160 Posts
Joe if he gets that done for you. Give me a pm with his name and info. When the lease is up, on our vehicle. I would like to continue business with him. maximo

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it didn't get here today, but it has been all but guaranteed for tomorrow. And so, gentle reader, tomorrow at this time I hope to be One with the Commander. Given that this will be March 1, not February 28, the nice chap at the dealer told me that the rumor is that zero percent will be extended, and, in the Commander's case, perhaps enhanced with cash back. Reflecting on my own experience with lady luck, I gave that prediction its due attention and returned outside on the off chance that a car carrier might pull up. As that seemed unlikely, I went to Circuit City and bought a 4WD RC truck with which to salve what remains of my optimisim. And so, here's a wish for a merciful God and a merciful Chrysler to look favorably upon this tortured soul. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, my prayers were answered.... 0% through March! The Commander is being prepped right now, and I will be picking it up this evening. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts