Jeep Commander Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
So I was just on Tirerack.com becuase I too would like to install the BFG AT/KO's but I dont know about rubbing. I saw that they now offer a new size (225/70R17), is this closer to our stock size? I really dont want to mess with rubbing.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Guys just installed the BFG AT 245/75's last weekend and I am happy to report that they do not rub at all! They look great and once the weather clears up around here I will post some pic's.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
So I was just on Tirerack.com becuase I too would like to install the BFG AT/KO's but I dont know about rubbing. I saw that they now offer a new size (225/70R17), is this closer to our stock size? I really dont want to mess with rubbing.
225/70R17's are approx 29.4" tall x 8.9" wide according to a tire size calculator. Stock tires are a little more then an inch wider then that size but almost the exact the same height. I really wouldn't run anything less then the stock width.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice

Guys just installed the BFG AT 245/75's last weekend and I am happy to report that they do not rub at all! They look great and once the weather clears up around here I will post some pic's.
Please post the pics when you can, so there is no rubbing even in extreme turning situations?

·
Registered
886 Posts
No rubbing at all! But if I were to take the XK off road as there may be some rubbing under flex. But I am planning on a lift and spacers early next year.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Sorry this took so long it had been raining and snowing for 3 days now. My basement flooded earlier this year and required a full remodel because my sump pump failed. SO I have been checking it every hour (even at night) just to calm my nerves. But today it cleared up and I grabbed a few shots. Here ya go!

·
Registered
886 Posts
And here is what I did with the old Fortera's!

·
Registered
42 Posts
looks good i ordered mine today and will have them on tommorrow. I can wait Did you do any trimming to get them to fit and have you flexxed any yet. Im just wondering if im gonna wanna lift it anyways.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i have 245/75R17's on my commander and have done some moderate wheeling with them and i have 100% 0 issues now my tires are an all-season not meaty at all but non the less no issues.

·
Registered
602 Posts
To the guys that have the BFG 75's, have you had no problems with speedbumps or say turning uphill into a driveway, etc.? I really like them!

·
Registered
886 Posts
No issues at all! Speed bumps or steep inclines do not rub.

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
To the guys that have the BFG 75's, have you had no problems with speedbumps or say turning uphill into a driveway, etc.? I really like them!
No issues off roading so I am sure a little speed bump would not be an issue.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thanks fellas!

·
Banned
277 Posts
I realize this thread is a couple months old, but I thought I'd add another source of confirmation...Yes, you can fit 245/75s on a completely stock XK. I just mounted 245/75 - 17 Firestone Destination A/Ts last night, and they do not rub at all - even over large speedbumps and steep driveways - and they look awesome.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I found this thread via Google while shopping for new tires, so I wanted to drop by and share my results for anyone else doing the same.

After reading several good reviews, and the positive results on stock height Commanders in this thread, I decided to pull the trigger on a set of 245/75/17 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO's.

One thing I noticed before I purchased, everyone in this thread had the BFG's on V8 XK's. My anemic daily driver is an '06 with a 3.7L V6. I knew that this may effect ride height, but I decided to roll the dice... And I lost! At full steering lock, the inside of the tire rubs the fender liner.

I'm ordering a Rough Country 2" lift today, which I hope will resolve the issue. I'lll report back with my results.

·
Premium Member
12,558 Posts
I decided to roll the dice... And I lost! At full steering lock, the inside of the tire rubs the fender liner.
Many of us run spacers too to eliminate the rub.

·
Registered
23 Posts
And the promised update...

I got the Rough Country 2" lift installed Friday night. Much to my dismay, I still rub a little bit on the inside at full lock.

There is slight contact if I have someone turn the wheel to the point where the PS pump complains, back off just a hair, and hold it there while I inspect. I don't see this being an issue, so I have no immediate plans for spacers.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Thats halarious...you have rubbing with a two inch lift and other have no rubbing with no lift. How does that happen?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm not sure. I suspect it's because I have a 3.7/QT1, while everyone else here has tried with V8's. I would be happy to post pictures for any non-believers.

I should also note, if I turn the wheel full lock, turn off the Jeep, get out and inspect - there is no contact, as the wheel turns back just a bit.

There is only contact if I have someone in the Jeep holding the wheel at full lock, as described above.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts