Jeep Commander Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If the rubbing is that minimal then I wouldnt even worry about it. Your XK would look better with a set of wheel spacers though.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I searched for the answer, but couldn't find a 100% positive answer...

Wanting to replace the Goodyear Forteras with BFG AT KO's (have BFG's on all my rigs), but the smallest size they offer is a 245/75.

Will I have any issues with rubbing on fenders or suspension components?

This is my DD and will get no offroad action until much later in life.

I know that the speedo and computer info will be hosed up, but I'm used to guesstimating my actual speed and I don't really care about all the other computer info. That stuff was not a big selling point for me anyway.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

the BRG KM2's come in 245x70/17 and total to 30.8 in diamiter....go to 4wheel parts .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just been reading through this thread and cannot find any mention of whether the tire will fit in the spare wheel space - anyone able to confirm?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just been reading through this thread and cannot find any mention of whether the tire will fit in the spare wheel space - anyone able to confirm?

Thanks
I can't say this with 100% certainty, as I did not bother replacing my spare... But I seem to recall reading that it will fit so long as you do not have a hitch installed.

Perhaps someone else will be able to answer this definitively?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just wanted to add (after reading and reading then playing at the tire dealer) that Michelin LTX AT2 245/75R17's also fit a stock 5.7L 2006 Commander with no rubbing at full lock.

I tried (and took a test drive) on the 245/75R17 BFG AT TA KO's, they rubbed just slightly at full lock on the plastic well on the drivers side, so it may have just been that liner was a little out of place, but the ride & feel wasn't nearly as nice (for me) as the Michelin's.

Now just waiting to order and install a much wanted Rough Country lift!

·
Registered
Jeep Commander 2008 4x4 4.7 V8
6 Posts
Just updating the thread in case anyone is wondering about the fit of the "new" BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO-2 (245/75-R17). Installed a set and while it looks like a tight fit, they do fit with no rubbing (at least that I have encountered so far). The gap between the upper inside tread and the upper suspension bolt is about 3/8". Hope that helps in case anyone is looking. Installed on 2008 Commander Rocky Mountain Edition w/ 4x4 and 4.7 multi-fuel V8, with no lift or leveling spacers and no wheel spacers, stock wheels.

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Car Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Administrator
16,139 Posts
Reactions: Trey Hermann

·
Registered
454 Posts
Confirming 245/75 fits with curt aftermarket hitch after airing down to 25psi

·
Registered
Silver 2006 Commander V8 2.5" Lift , Wheel Spacers, BF Goodrich AT K01 245/70/17
48 Posts
Just updating the thread in case anyone is wondering about the fit of the "new" BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO-2 (245/75-R17). Installed a set and while it looks like a tight fit, they do fit with no rubbing (at least that I have encountered so far). The gap between the upper inside tread and the upper suspension bolt is about 3/8". Hope that helps in case anyone is looking. Installed on 2008 Commander Rocky Mountain Edition w/ 4x4 and 4.7 multi-fuel V8, with no lift or leveling spacers and no wheel spacers, stock wheels.

View attachment 42399 View attachment 42400 View attachment 42401 View attachment 42402
Thank you man! i was just about to make a post about this. i have a set of 245/70/17 that i just got. if those 75's fit i should have no problem with them on mine. i have a 2" list and spacers.

they look great, i m keeping my white letters outside.

·
Administrator
7,120 Posts
Thank you man! i was just about to make a post about this. i have a set of 245/70/17 that i just got. if those 75's fit i should have no problem with them on mine. i have a 2" list and spacers.

they look great, i m keeping my white letters outside.
@Silva Bully;

I just put a set of LT265/75/R16 BF Goodrich All Terrain K02's on my Truck; They seem to be very solid tires.

When the LT285/70/17 Good Year Wrangler DuraTrac II's on my Commander are ready to be replaced - which isn't for quite a while, I'll have to do a price comparison between both of them, to see which one I go with.

That being said, both the BF Goodrich All Terrain K02's & the Good Year Wrangler DuraTracs II's are great tires.

I think you'll be very happy with those BF Goodrich All Terrain K02's.

·
Registered
2008 Commander Sport 3.7L 2WD
57 Posts
I searched for the answer, but couldn't find a 100% positive answer...

Wanting to replace the Goodyear Forteras with BFG AT KO's (have BFG's on all my rigs), but the smallest size they offer is a 245/75.

Will I have any issues with rubbing on fenders or suspension components?

This is my DD and will get no offroad action until much later in life.

I know that the speedo and computer info will be hosed up, but I'm used to guesstimating my actual speed and I don't really care about all the other computer info. That stuff was not a big selling point for me anyway.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
Ive been running OEM 2020 Wrangler wheels and Goodyear tires in that exact size for almost 2 yrs. Found them on FB Marketplace. No rubbing. Only watchout - bolt stud on upper support arm comes within 1/2" of sidewall but it moves up and down with wheel. I cut off 1/2" to get a full inch of clearance. Tires ride fantastic and gives a much more "stable" feel on road. Note: I don't typically go major off-road but no problems on moderate trails. Look great too. Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

View attachment 42399 View attachment 42400 View attachment 42401 View attachment 42402
I'll attest the same. Got a brand new set of 5 wheels and tires from a guy changing over to black wheels and bigger tires. $250. Ride great!
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

61 - 76 of 76 Posts