Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pictures would help me so much. Help me out guys! Thanks!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Man, this is a damn shame. I'd leave ya'll alone if someone would be ever so kind to respond.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would be carefull as to puting a cool sounding custom exhaust on these Hemi's. You may not like the result when setting a stoplight and your Hemi is running on 4 cylinders rather then 8. Most 4 bangers sound kinda odd, when hooked to custom exhaust systems. I have a nice sounding custom exhaust on my Ram pickup. But its a 2005 Hemi without the cylinder deactivation system. If I were you I would sure want to here one before investing the money to do it. I know there were some guys on the truck forum I belong to that sure seemed unhappy about the sound, when its in 4 cly mode.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll be happt to post some as soon as I get a chance to get under the vehicle. I installed my system with less than 100 miles on the vehicle, I love it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
cc1999 said:
I would be carefull as to puting a cool sounding custom exhaust on these Hemi's. You may not like the result when setting a stoplight and your Hemi is running on 4 cylinders rather then 8. Most 4 bangers sound kinda odd, when hooked to custom exhaust systems. I have a nice sounding custom exhaust on my Ram pickup. But its a 2005 Hemi without the cylinder deactivation system. If I were you I would sure want to here one before investing the money to do it. I know there were some guys on the truck forum I belong to that sure seemed unhappy about the sound, when its in 4 cly mode.
The Hemi only runs on 4 when between 40 and 60 MPH - or so the manual states.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Leo- Any pix yet? Thank you!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I as well will try and take some tonight on my Jeep.... The Borla sounds awesome in my opinion. The only odd sounds you get are when your doing 30 mph in town and you are not giving it much gas but still giving it a little. The cure is drop it down to third or second gear when you hear it... it' s like your running 1000 rpm and putting too little of a load on the engine. The other sound is you may get a little droning doing 70-75 mph... that is the only place I see it so I drive 80 or 65 depending on if I want to speed. I think it does wonders for the power for the little inconvenience of a sound or two under two different circumstances only.

Just curious as to why you wanted the pics? They look like the other pics posted showing the magnaflow and others stainless pipe coming out the back except they say Borla. It was so simple to install that a cave man could do it!:D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Crock, is the borla a 3'' just like the gibson? I have a flowmaster 40 series on mine now, with just a down spout pipe, and it truthfully sounds shioty. I am in need of something and i'm leaning more towards the borla if it's a true 3'' catback system!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is that 3'' or 2.5''?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts