Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The buttons on my dash are currently all green (everything from the AC buttons to the radio and speedometer). Is there any way that I can replace the lights to make them red? It would be so sick looking

Thanks!
-Matt

·
Registered
389 Posts
Suppose you could put LEDs on them, though I've heard LEDs look back there (not sure about colored.) Otherwise, you'd have to put a red cover over the lights instead of the green cover or whatever is over the bulb now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The buttons on my dash are currently all green (everything from the AC buttons to the radio and speedometer). Is there any way that I can replace the lights to make them red? It would be so sick looking

Thanks!
-Matt
after roughly 3 years, would there be any available bright led that would not need much of change in sockets?

·
Registered
143 Posts
They'll need to be soldered. The board is two sided, I believe, so you'll solder from the front. Also, maybe think about just removing the green covers and see what the clear looks like before diving into the red. Might work for you?! I'm sure there are videos on YouTube that will show you the way. Post what you end up doing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts