Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
What year is your rig? At least on the 2007 there is a button on the center control area right in front of the shifter.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
Yes, there is a tow button which disables the sensors to compensate for something being towed behind the Commander.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Maybe no TOW switch??? He wants to install an aftermarket setup from what I understand. There is a button to cancel the backup system on mine. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
378 Posts
"The Rear Park Assist System can be enabled and disabled with a switch located in the switch bank of the instrument panel.

When the switch is pressed to disable the system, the instrument cluster will display the "PARK ASSIST DISABLED" message. Refer to Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) in Section 4 of this manual. When the shifter is changed to R (Reverse) and the system is disabled, the instrument cluster will actuate a single chime, once per ignition cycle, and it will display the message.

The Rear Park Assist Switch LED will be ON when the Rear Park Assist System is disabled or defective. The Rear Park Assist Switch LED will be OFF when the system is enabled."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You very much for info. Now that you've pointed it out its right there in plain sight (the only button I haven't fooled with). I recently bought a 2006 (base model). Awesome ride (but so far, been in shop 4 out of 6 days). So I haven't had alot of time in it. But thanks again.

·
2,248 Posts
The alarm will also turn itself off automatically if you have something permanently mounted behind the sensors. My tire carrier causes it to turn off in about a minute or two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts