Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Forgive my ignorance, I've never really ventured into the audio component aspect of my jeep.

It is a 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I had to remove the door panel to fix a faulty power window motor and thought I might take the opportunity to replace the speakers while I'm already in there. I have (2) Pyramid Royal Red 6"x9" speakers which are listed at 600w max. Will the factory amp even power these or would I be wasting my time putting them in?

I appreciate your help and apologize again if this is a silly question.

Thanks!

Matt

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Spammer......."....
Hi all,

Forgive my ignorance, I've never really ventured into the audio component aspect of my jeep.

It is a 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I had to remove the door panel to fix a faulty power window motor and thought I might take the opportunity to replace the speakers while I'm already in there. I have (2) Pyramid Royal Red 6"x9" speakers which are listed at 600w max. Will the factory amp even power these or would I be wasting my time putting them in?

I appreciate your help and apologize again if this is a silly question.

Thanks!

Matt

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes they will work just fine with the factory system. All speakers sound better with an amp that powers them appropriately though. If you have the Boston Acoustics system though I doubt that anything pyramid is going to be better..

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Yes they will work just fine with the factory system. All speakers sound better with an amp that powers them appropriately though. If you have the Boston Acoustics system though I doubt that anything pyramid is going to be better..
Did you notice that he is referring to an '02 Grand Cherokee ? They used the Infinity system not the Boston Acoustics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts