Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the amount of light that my headlights put out when I pull back on the turn signal stalk and the high beams come on along with the low beams. Is there any way to wire the two together? Or can I splice into the high beam wire and run wires to the low beams and fog lights so that when the high beams are on, the low beams and fog light also have power? I'm not much of an electrician, so I don't know if this will overload anything. I've seen a kit for sale (but not available for the Commander) that let's the low and high beams run together, but it contains a relay. Not sure what the relay is for, though.

Can anyone help??

Erik

·
Registered
251 Posts
It would be illegal in all states to run with your high beams on with approaching traffic. You may want to upgrade the light bulbs to sylvania. There is a thread on here about those.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
If you really want to improve your light output do a google search for HIR (not HID) bulbs. They are incredible. Had them in my Magnum, talk about a world of difference.

If you want your lows and highs on at the same time, just turn on your high beams. If you want your fogs on too, get your dealer to put your car in "export" mode in starscan. Then all 6 lights will be on when you have it on high beam.

It would be a horrible idea to wire them in some way to all be on at the same time, if you do that, you'll never be able to dim your lights, not only would that be illegal, it can get you shot in some places.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha, I guess I wasn't as clear as I needed to be. I still want to be able to just use my low beams as low beams. It's when I hit my high beams that I want all of the lights to come on. A relay would probably enable me to do that without keeping the high beams on in low beam mode, but I'm not sure.

I already have Sylvanias and love them. I also have PIAA driving and fog lights. I'm just really selfish and want all of the light I can get.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts