Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just fitted 20" Startech Rims and Rubber, however the rims are not fitted with the Tire Pressure Sensors.....thus the Commander Chimes away happily whenever it wants to.

Is there a way to turn off the monitoring system without the use of a dealer?

Cheers Folks! :)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Someone had mentioned to get a small pipe and cap it off. Put all 4 TMPS inside the pipe and fill the pipe up with air up to 35 psi. Store it under a seat. I think that this was mentioned yesterday in one of the threads.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone had mentioned to get a small pipe and cap it off. Put all 4 TMPS inside the pipe and fill the pipe up with air up to 35 psi. Store it under a seat. I think that this was mentioned yesterday in one of the threads.
The Tire Pressure Sensors are still on the stock rims ready for the winter weather here, should I just drive around with them in the back, oh, cant do that....no room left for the kids!!!:)

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i asked the dealer. there is no way to turn it off. i did find a fuse for it thou. i have not removed it to see if it will turn it off or not.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Hmmm, might be something to try, but also need to see what else is controlled by on that circuit.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Why not just spend a couple of $$$ and get the TPMS sensors moved to your new rims?

If you are wanting to keep them on the other rims for winter, I could have sworn I saw a member selling the TPMS sensors for $50 on here a few days ago. You could by another set for your new wheels.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hmmm, however, I did just notice you are a fellow Brit, and might not want to spend the money on shipping back to Blighty from here in the US!

Check the local Freepages, you might find a cheap set of TPMS sensors in there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts