Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Factory suspension is non adjustable.
You could get HD springs and that could add some minimal height.

·
Administrator
16,153 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the 07 5.7l v8 hemi limited model nothing been done suspension still has factory rake so hopefully just doing the front will make it level and not any higher than the back don't want the bulldog look lol

·
Administrator
16,153 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I picked up as set of Bilstein 5100 ride height adjustable struts. They can give 1", 1.5", or 2.5" of boost to the front end if you want to be precise. I went to the middle setting for 1.5" and it leveled everything nicely. If you want to bring the back end up, you can add a 1" spacer to the coil spring or use load adjusting shocks. Going to a little bigger tire size will also give a small lift.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I picked up as set of Bilstein 5100 ride height adjustable struts. They can give 1", 1.5", or 2.5" of boost to the front end if you want to be precise. I went to the middle setting for 1.5" and it leveled everything nicely. If you want to bring the back end up, you can add a 1" spacer to the coil spring or use load adjusting shocks. Going to a little bigger tire size will also give a small lift.
Could you send me the item number for the blistein shocks? Do they come with the springs also?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Could you send me the item number for the blistein shocks? Do they come with the springs also?
Here are the part numbers -
Bilstein 33-225807 B8 5100 --- Rear
Bilstein 24-225793 B8 5100 -- Front

it’s just the shocks.
If you are looking to just level it then get the front and use factory springs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apologies if I misread, but is the conclusion adding 5100s to the front and rear will level the Commander and leave the same height in the rear?

I am considering 245/70R17 tires and would like to level the Commander at the same time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
448 Posts
LeadK9,

The Bilstein 5100 front strut has 3 recesses machined into it. By raising the lock spring through them, you raise the front up by those increments Sheepdog mentioned respectively. The rear shocks do not add any lift but can accommodate up to 1.5" of extra lift by use of a spring seat. They all had a "minivan" down rake from the factory which I believe levels off at the 1.5 inch or second slot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
LeadK9,

The Bilstein 5100 front strut has 3 recesses machined into it. By raising the lock spring through them, you raise the front up by those increments Sheepdog mentioned respectively. The rear shocks do not add any lift but can accommodate up to 1.5" of extra lift by use of a spring seat. They all had a "minivan" down rake from the factory which I believe levels off at the 1.5 inch or second slot.
Thanks for the clarification!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts