Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The top hole of my right front washer nozzle is squirting about 6 inches to the right which is leaving a horrible dirty spot right in the middle of the windshield whenever I try to spray it. Are these nozzles adjustable? How could it just randomly spray the entire fan pattern 6 inches to one side if they're not adjustable?

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
There may be something on or in the nozzle that is causing it to spray to the side. Try cleaning it. You may need to stick a pin in the nozzle to clean it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've stuck a staple in there real good all over the place and even tried putting the nozzle in a cup of boiling water for 5 minutes and that didn't help.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm thinking it's just partially plugged. You need a welding torch tip cleaner. They look like a Swiss knife of sorts with the ''blades'' actually various sizes of tiny spring wires to clean small torch burner orifices. It's a perfect tool for that because you A) pick the correct size wire for the hole, and B) each wire has nicks along its length to drag debris out of the washer nozzle.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Oops, your post appeared just as I posted mine. :) You might try disconnecting it and blasting it both ways with compressed air. There has to be something that's clogging it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oops, your post appeared just as I posted mine. :) You might try disconnecting it and blasting it both ways with compressed air. There has to be something that's clogging it.
Mmm yeah, I forgot about compressed air. Haven't tried that yet. I'm assuming these are not adjustable then.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They ARE adjustable.
Look closely and you can see the nozzle is ball ended.
They adjust by placing a close diameter straight pin in the hole and moving it about.

Rob
For the life of me I can't see inside them at all. With flashlights, sunlight, nothing. I thought I had adjusted it for the 5th time, but alas they still squirt to the right.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tawoody?
As I ponder your issue.......Is it possible the nozzle got bumped (like from a snow brush or car wash) and has turned slightly?
These have a single post mounting and can be knocked off center.
Try gently twisting the nozzle assembly.

Rob
Each nozzle has 2 streams, one on top and one on bottom. The bottom one is pointed fine but only the top one is squirting right.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Each nozzle has 2 streams, one on top and one on bottom. The bottom one is pointed fine but only the top one is squirting right.
Hmmm,
Car wax in the nozzle?

Cut a piece of multi strand wire and strip it.
Take one of the strands and try to rod out the hole.

I'm running out of ideas short of pulling the hood pad and nozzle off and exchanging it.

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts