Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking at two new 2006 Dark Khaki Commanders. One has a V8 and 4x4, but only has the standard package. The other only has the V6, but with the upgraded package which includes the upgraded speakers, alarm, etc.

Is there a way to buy the V8 4x4 and have the dealership install the package? Or are those installed only at the factory? Because I would like to have the V8 since I hear V6 does not have enough power, but I would also like to have the alarm, speakers,etc.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i have the V6 and am happy with it.
if you're not going to pull a trailer then the 3.7L should be fine.
my on board computer is showing 15.7MPG with about 90% in town driving. you won't get that with a V8.
but its your call on the engine.

·
Registered
476 Posts
would it not be easier to just ask the dealer? They would know what they are working with and what could be done. :confused:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Shop around, I am sure you will find the one you want at another dealership. Then you can negotiate... I agree with a previous post, V6 is very capable if you are not pulling a trailer. Before anyone gets offended, no, it doesn't have the same power as the V8 engines, but it is indeed very capable. I have read everywhere that there is a lot of overstock on 06 models. Use that to your advantage.

·
Registered
204 Posts
HemiCommander said:
would it not be easier to just ask the dealer? They would know what they are working with and what could be done. :confused:

If you do talk to the service department, sales will usually always say yes even when it isnt possible, like in this case and is very often the case for electronic devices. Upgraded stereo usually means an amp somewhere, which means a different wiring harness and not going to happen. The alarm requires different software for the WCM which may not be possible, and probably also requires a different wiring harness for sensors. Something like a Radio only is easy enough, or adding items in the Mopar catalog. I would keep looking until I found one equipped the way I wanted it if you are trying to get the incentives too, if not I would custom order one how I wanted it. When you order one it even comes with your name on the window sticker.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I agree with Dabitz, shop around. Your dealer should be able to locate the XK you want with the factory installed package.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts