Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went camping this past weekend and on the trip home me and my brother decided to drive out Canaan Loop Road looking for more camp spots and hiking trail heads. Well it turned into an off road adventure with some tight areas through laurel dragging down both sides and some little nasties here and there. Had three creek crossing and was a fun trip.

Small cascading waterfall along the way.

The following pics is the one hill we decided to get some pics on. Its steeper and gnarlier than it looks, but not real bad.

And a parting shot along the way home. God I love those Mountains.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Time for a set of Tube fenders

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Nice scenery. What tires are you running ?

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No doubt about it, steel up front would have helped make a swifter kill. The "brush guard" actually took a pretty good hit. Still in place and didn't bend any. I'm pretty sure it saved my headlamps, turn signal, and kept any metal damage to the fender from happening.

Jeep5253, those are Goodyear Duratracs, 245-75-17's. I was going to go with the slightly larger tires, but wanted something a little narrow for the slushy snowy winter roads. They cut through a little better than a wider tire and don't wander.

Edit: The main reason I chose that brush guard is to have something up front to tie my kayak's down to. It keeps the ropes off the paint of the hood. So far its a decent deer wacker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts