Jeep Commander Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I am an engineer for a polyethelyne company up here in canada and i actually made the shackle mounts out on 1" thick HDPE plate...then mounted those plates right to the Aries bullbar mounts...i have been pulled out of a mud hole with them but i wouldnt "reaf" on them....ill snap some pics for you tomorrow

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
.......................Pics???
I am an engineer for a polyethelyne company up here in canada and i actually made the shackle mounts out on 1" thick HDPE plate...then mounted those plates right to the Aries bullbar mounts...i have been pulled out of a mud hole with them but i wouldnt "reaf" on them....ill snap some pics for you tomorrow

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
pics as promised.... sorry for the mess, canadian winter is sloppy this year

they are made out on 1" thick 4710 pipe spec HDPE (plastic) plate. i just bolted them to the bull bar brackets but eventually i will be "beefing" up the bull bar brackets.

i have used them to pull the jeep out of mud holes and they worked great...but if your tow vehicle takes a run up im unsure how they will hold up.

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
So here is my Mod list to date: March 28 2012

Engine:

-K&N FIPK Cold Air Intake
-AirAid Throttle body spacer
-Superchips FlashPaq
-Bosch Platinum Plus Plugs
-Magnaflow Stainless System
Future:
-JBA Shorty Headers (Failed!!!)

Suspension:

-Bilstien HD Shocks and Struts pics once installed
-Firestone Coil-Rite
-2" Rough Country lift
-1/2" custom front spacer and 1/4" rear spacer
Future:
-JBA HD UCAs

Wheels & Tires:

-Factory color matched wheels
-265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Territory
-1.5" Spidertrax Spacers
Future:
-KMC Addict Wheels and spacers removed

Exterior:

-AMI shorty antenna
-Black Aries Bull bar w/ d-rings
-PIAA extreme white High & low beams
-Lightforce 140 Lights on bull bar
-Stampede hood guard
-Color Matched grille
Future:
-Rola Roof rack
-Mopar Tail light guards
-4x Guard
-LED light conversions
-Asfir skids

Interior:

-Husky Floor Mats
-3rd Row storage box
-Mossy Oak Seat covers
-Iphone mount
Future:
-LED light conversions

im sure there will be more but only time will tell

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Fireston coil-rite airbags installed....firestones description of how to install them was really wierd and scetchy but they are in and i am running them at 20psi and the XK feels super stable in the rear end

·
Registered
471 Posts
Let me know how those bags hold up, I'm looking for a way to stiffen up the handling without losing height or spending 2 grand on an entire suspension kit.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Whats the deal with the JBA headers?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
rjhj:

You dont need to spend @ grand on a suspension kit, get the OME HD springs and HD bilstien Shocks and struts.. will run you like $800

07Jeepxk;

after a long and tedious bout of research and messing around i decided the easiest thing for me to do was to buy them and try them,

so i bought them and spend a weekend installing them, when i got to the part about fitting them up they just wouldnt go in place, i had half the engine bay ripped apart with lots of room and they simply would not fit on

i matched them side by side with the OEM jeep manifolds and they looked identical! but in the end i could not for the life of me get them to sit right on the heads.

so i returned them and got all my money back so all i lost was a weekend of tinkering.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't really want to add any height either though. That set up gives you a 2" lift does it not?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I don't really want to add any height either though. That set up gives you a 2" lift does it not?

yes it does, well in that case the Coil-rites would be great for you... although with the maximum of 35psi in them it lifted my commander roughly 1.25"...i have put roughly 1000kms on the bags now and they are still holding the air i put in at install...you can knab them from Summit for about $85.99

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So here is my Mod list to date: APRIL 10 2012

Engine:

-K&N FIPK Cold Air Intake
-AirAid Throttle body spacer
-Superchips FlashPaq
-Bosch Platinum Plus Plugs
-Magnaflow Stainless System
Future:
-JBA Shorty Headers (Failed!!!)

Suspension:

-Bilstien HD Shocks and Struts
-Firestone Coil-Rite
-2" Rough Country lift
-1/2" custom front spacer and 1/4" rear spacer
Future:
-JBA HD UCAs

Wheels & Tires:

-Factory color matched wheels
-265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Territory
-1.5" Spidertrax Spacers
Future:
-KMC Addict Wheels and spacers removed

Exterior:

-AMI shorty antenna
-Black Aries Bull bar w/ d-rings
-PIAA extreme white High & low beams
-Lightforce 140 Lights on bull bar
-Stampede hood guard
-Color Matched grille
Future:
-Rola Roof rack
-Mopar Tail light guards
-4x Guard
-LED light conversions
-Asfir skids

Interior:

-Husky Floor Mats
-3rd Row storage box
-Mossy Oak Seat covers
-Iphone mount
Future:
-LED light conversions

Installed the Shocks and Struts today....i forgot how much a B***H those struts are to remove!!! anyway they are on and the ride is sweet!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well its been a while since i have been here but its with a heavy heart that i inform you all, i am no longer a Commander owner!

With baby #2 the commander just didnt cut it in the space department...

The happy ending in this story is that i sold my Commander to my Brother who keeps the engine warm and the body clean... He loves it and she will be loved for a very long time!

:bye:

JC.com has been an amazing resource from day one and i hope new members continue to get the same help as i did throughout my build/ownership

Jeep on my friends

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts
Sorry to see you go, but it would have been nice if you had left your pics on the forum.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts