Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 5 weeks since she died. She was just 47, she did everything right, never smoked, regular mammograms and checkups, but a tiny breast tumour was not discovered until it had spread to her liver and bones.

She had some abdominal swelling and went to the doctor to see what it was, "probably just gas" they said, (but they took blood for testing just incase) the test results showed cancer markers, she only lived 4 weeks after that, the last week on pain meds in the hospital.

We were best friends for over 33 years, and would have celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary this fall, we have 4 kids the youngest is 8, I guess we are doing well under the circumstances, as they say life goes on, it helps to talk about it sometimes, that's why I posted.

It sounds cliche, but she not just my wife she was my best friend and confidant, my business parter and advisor, I miss her so much :(

Thanks for listening :)

Shane

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
Our heart and prayers go out to you and your family. If thre is anything we can do just let us know, but know we will continue to lift you up at this time.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss, your family will be in our thoughts.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Prayers of strength for you and your family, Shane. God Bless you guys.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I will keep you and your family in my prayers. My uncle was also diagnose with cancer two weeks ago he is at stage 3.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Oh man, I am very sorry to see this.
I know the feeling about your wife being your partner and more. I certainly
understand that.

It will take a while to heal, take your time. We're here for you.

Don

·
2,248 Posts
I am so sorry for you. I noticed that you had not been posting much lately. You have lots of friends here and I am sure that we all feel for you.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Shane,

I feel your pain through your words......I am so sorry you must endure this terrible loss.
I imagine these last two months have been beyond anything one could be asked to endure.
Your kids need you now, more than ever, and I'm confident you will be up to it.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers my friend.......I am so sorry.

Rob

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for all your kind words and messages! ... it helps a lot :)

Shane

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sorry for your loss

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss, God Bless You and Keep You, in your time of need and always, I will pray for you guys...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Shane, it hurts me too to know that you are hurting.

I have been with my wife for 25 years and we have a six year old. I could not imagine loosing either one of them.

God bless you and your family.

You are all in my prayers.

John

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
So sorry to hear about your wife, you're in my prayers. My wife and I haven't been together that long, but I couldn't imagine losing her.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about this, Shane. It will be real rough for while but eventually it will get easier. Hang in there. Prayers for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shane,

I don't know you from lickityslplit, but I, know what you are talking about. I love my wife so much, like you say you loved your wife, and it just sucks that she is not in your life anymore. I can't belive that she left you so quickly. That cancer is scary stuff, and I think it was unfair that she did every thing right and still her life was cut short. Dude, that really sucks. I pray to God for the well ness of you and your family, and I wish you many years of happyness. Thanks for shareing your story.

R/
George

·
Registered
391 Posts
Will keep you and your family in my prayers Shane! Be strong brother, God will always be on your side.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts