Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been scouring the web for these hinges, part numbers 55369023AC (LH) and 55369022AC (RH) hinges for the glass on the back hatch of my 2009 Commander Sport. One of mine simply broke. Checked out a few websites that say they have them, but when you call or email, they simply do not have them at all. Chrysler has no stock anywhere in the dealer system, based on a call to my local dealer. People keep telling me I can use the hinges for a Liberty, but they are not even close to being the same. I don't think there were enough Commanders made to justify a 3rd party remanufacture at a later time - cant find anything on eBay or elsewhere.

Any ideas, or anyone have a good set they'd be willing to part with? Anyone know if some company bought out the stock when Chrysler ditched their inventory?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Administrator
16,114 Posts
@NTK4 Your best bet is to get them from a salvage yard. Parts for the Commanders are getting hard to find.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Any ideas, or anyone have a good set they'd be willing to part with? Anyone know if some company bought out the stock when Chrysler ditched their inventory?
I am not sure if they are the same or not but I got a parts commander that I could pull them off of. The ones I have are on a 2006. If you do the research and find out that they work, let me know and we can work something out.

·
Administrator
16,114 Posts
I am not sure if they are the same or not but I got a parts commander that I could pull them off of. The ones I have are on a 2006. If you do the research and find out that they work, let me know and we can work something out.
@heffercow They should be the same for all model years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Morning, never posted before, I find myself on a trip and suddenly one of my rear glass hinges broke without warning and I too can't find one. Is getting one off a scrap vehicle the only way to find these now?
Thanks

·
Administrator
16,114 Posts
Morning, never posted before, I find myself on a trip and suddenly one of my rear glass hinges broke without warning and I too can't find one. Is getting one off a scrap vehicle the only way to find these now?
Thanks
@thomas0826 Please make an introductory post in the New Member Section. Also, please go to your account settings and create a "signature" with your XK's details (year, model trim, engine, 4WD system, etc.). Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Commander Sport, 4X2
5 Posts
Are you looking for these hinges that lift the rear glass? We found these on Amazon and they have worked great. We just replaced these for both the rear glass and the rear door itself. We have a 2008 Jeep Commander Sport, 4X2.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive tire Bicycle tire Window Sky
The information from Amazon is:
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Number
2008 Black Jeep Commander Sport, 4X2; 5.7, stock

·
Administrator
16,114 Posts
Are you looking for these hinges that lift the rear glass? We found these on Amazon and they have worked great. We just replaced these for both the rear glass and the rear door itself. We have a 2008 Jeep Commander Sport, 4X2.
[
@Felipe V. He is not looking for the struts, he is looking for the hinges that attach the glass to the hatch. Also, since you are new here please make an introductory post in the New Member Section, and also go to your account settings and create a "signature" with your XK's info. Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Commander Sport, 4X2
5 Posts
@Felipe V. He is not looking for the struts, he is looking for the hinges that attach the glass to the hatch. Also, since you are new here please make an introductory post in the New Member Section, and also go to your account settings and create a "signature" with your XK's info. Thanks.
Thank you for the clarification! I thought I had included the signature in the account settings but I see they did not save. My apologies for not verifying and confirming that prior to my posting. I will make sure to also create an introductory post in the New Member Section.

Reactions: jeep5253
1 - 9 of 9 Posts