Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
i did...go to the passenger side under the dash...and pull the cover off (bout 4-5 7-8mm screws) then drop the ac fan down (3 #2 phillips screws) when i dropped mine i found a black sticky piece stuck to the fan...i pulled it off and reinstalled every thing and she was golden...

hope that helps:eyemouth:

·
Registered
936 Posts
ya i found that by accident...i was so pissed cuz it vibrated all the time...so i damn near ripped the whole dash apart started on the drivers side and then i got to the fan and went "oh....damn it ! that would have been easier to start there"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i found that by accident...i was so pissed cuz it vibrated all the time...so i damn near ripped the whole dash apart started on the drivers side and then i got to the fan and went "oh....damn it ! that would have been easier to start there"
:rofl:
funny stuff

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
anyone have or had problems with your commander vibrating due to ac?
Mine makes a cat like low volume high pitched purr....I think!!!???:ugh2:

·
Super Moderator
15,094 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
The electric fan on mine started vibrating like crazy one day, turns out it had dried mud on it. A shot through the radiator and another through the fan shroud with the pressure washer while it was running cleaned it off. Now it whines when it shuts off. The viscous fan also makes noise and takes to long to stop spinning after the engine is shut off. Warrenty is replacing both along with the transmission problem the dealer is chasing. I'm stuck with a rental until it's fixed :ugh:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Does anyone's AC vents make a squeaking/farting noise when the AC turns on and they turn into their operating position?

I have gotten used to it, but it seems like something just needs lubrication in there... like it's a tight fit.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Does anyone's AC vents make a squeaking/farting noise when the AC turns on and they turn into their operating position?

I have gotten used to it, but it seems like something just needs lubrication in there... like it's a tight fit.
Man, I must have a dirty mind this morning:bigthumb:

·
Registered
451 Posts
HAAAA! Usually it is me with the dirty mind! I must not be awake yet.
My commander does make unusual noises once in a while when it is repositioning the dampers inder the dash. Like a squeeky bed... Uh DOOR! Like a squeeky door!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts