Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.. I always hated the idea that Commander does not have a cargo cover (sometime this is called also: Security cover) like the Grand Cherokee or other SUVs..

Yet, I sometimes use the third row (believe it or not!).. so I need to come up with an idea to install a cargo cover and yet have it removable as well..

So, I bought the Grand Cherokee cargo cover, and installed it in a STUPID (but working for me!) way.. again this is a stupid way.. but finally I have a cargo cover!!

Check it out

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks factory too me from the pictures you provided. I know the seat locks might not be the desired place but it works.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
That looks good enough,, not too bad,, Are the side mirrors holding it?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I see a grid in your side windows. Is that a defogger, like in the rear windows of some cars?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Ah.. you drive from the right.?

·
Administrator
15,932 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Radio antenna makes sense, and it would not intefer with vision on the driver's side. I had a Ford F150 with a radio antenna embedded in the windshield.

·
Administrator
15,932 Posts
Radio antenna makes sense, and it would not intefer with vision on the driver's side. I had a Ford F150 with a radio antenna embedded in the windshield.
The European Commanders (XH) don't have the mast antenna. They have the antenna in the right (passenger) rear cargo area window.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
How much did the Grand Cherokee cargo cover run you over there?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much did the Grand Cherokee cargo cover run you over there?
I got that cover from ebay.. a barely used for 20$ !!! and I got it shipped here through a special service.

it covers most of the back area in the commander.. just perfect for me!

·
Registered
~~2008 Overland 5.7 HEMI~~
92 Posts
OK.. I always hated the idea that Commander does not have a cargo cover (sometime this is called also: Security cover) like the Grand Cherokee or other SUVs..

Yet, I sometimes use the third row (believe it or not!).. so I need to come up with an idea to install a cargo cover and yet have it removable as well..

So, I bought the Grand Cherokee cargo cover, and installed it in a STUPID (but working for me!) way.. again this is a stupid way.. but finally I have a cargo cover!!

Check it out

Is that held on there with a tension rod up against the 2nd row seats?

·
Administrator
15,932 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,931 Posts
Yes, the tension rod pushes against the rear windows.

View attachment 41550
That is not designed to be used as a tension rod; It's designed to snap down into notches into the plastic which are not present on an XK/H.

It's actually designed for a Grand Cherokee (WK) - that's why it's sitting on there that way, which is not the proper installation of it.

A Grand Cherokee has notches molded into the plastic where those round ends would snap into place.

·
Administrator
15,932 Posts
That is not designed to be used as a tension rod; It's designed to snap down into notches into the plastic which are not present on an XK/H.

It's actually designed for a Grand Cherokee (WK) and was not designed for use in an XK - that's why it's sitting on there that way.

A Grand HCerokee has notches molded into the plastic where those round ends snap into place.
Yep.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Check it out

I am trying to find something like this...no luck at the moment.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts