Jeep Commander Forum banner

CARiD

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cico7 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit:

Had some issues with this company. After 54 minutes of being on hold I spoke with customer service who is supposed to be checking into some things. I'm not too confident, but I'll post my whole story if they don't come through.

Basically the story goes: online says their product is in stock and ships 24-48 hours. 72 hours later, they send me an email saying it'll be another 3 days before it ships.

Even if they do attempt to ship it quicker, I won't be purchasing from them anymore.

#2 ·
What did you buy? Is it something they make, or just resell? All business done today is done by computer, and the computer is only as good as the information fed to it. GIGO. Computer says it is in stock, and the reality is that is not! If they can't come up with a reasonable explanation, ask for a discount. :ugh2:

#3 · (Edited)
Well I'm calmed down but this company is still a joke.

Bought some Aries nerf bars that said "in stock, ships 24-48 hours". This was on a Tuesday. Used chat feature on Thursday evening to find out tracking number and they guy said "Don't worry there's nothing wrong with your order, you'll have a tracking number tonight". Thought it was fishy that he said "don't worry, nothing wrong", but played it off as nothing. Friday morning, still no tracking number. Called the number, spoke with same salesman that told me it was fine, and he said "well it's in production, it might ship on Monday." This is where I lost it. If you could punch somebody through a phone, I would've broken my knuckles.

So after arguing with this inconsiderate "the customer is wrong" mentality of a jerk, for a 1/2 hour about his lousy company and their lies, I told him I would cancel. He said I had to call customer support since he couldn't mess with the orders. Seriously? The salesman can't alter the orders? So I waited on hold for nearly 55 minutes with these people, got through, and argued with this guy. Of course I started off cordial and nice, but it really makes me mad when these lazy customer support people (in many different companies) read from a book instead of actually talking TO ME like a real person. "Sir we appreciate your business and we are working diligently on your problem". No you're not, you don't give a damn about me or my order. Where has customer service gone in this country?

And I told him that. I said, "you can read that damn quote book all you want, but let me know when you're ready to talk to ME, the PAYING customer." I gave him 3 options. You remove the ridiculous $40 shipping fee, you keep the fee and ship overnight so I would get it on Monday, or you cancel my order and I'll take my money elsewhere.

He said, "fine, we can cancel it right now." He had no regard for me and my money. I even told him the website boasts "complete customer satisfaction". Yeah right.

So after some discussion, and me bringing this jerk down to earth, he promised he would personally "try" his best and get it overnight shipped. I even had to fight and beg to get them to price match, when it says right on the website that they'll price match anything. I ended up not cancelling the order because if they couldn't take care of their paying customer, how would they treat a cancelling customer and how long would it take to get a refund before I can purchase from somewhere else.

The reason I got so mad is because I really wanted to get these on that Friday because I wanted to show them off that weekend to my family at a birthday party. Their warehouse is in NJ and I'm in IN, so I looked up UPS and it said that's a 2 day delivery for standard ground shipping. So I thought that when I place an order on a Tuesday night, it will ship on Wednesday for a Friday delivery. I thought wrong.

Turns out the thing FINALLY shipped Monday from TEXAS (why???) and I'll get it tomorrow.

But I can guarantee that I WILL NEVER buy from this lousy company again, and I would like to encourage everyone to take their money elsewhere, as well. Their website is full of lies, their staff is rude, arrogant, and will take your money and d*ck you over, and laugh in your face all the way to the bank.

Oh yeah, I have an A.S. in Logistics and I was a warehouse manager for a 75,000 sq.ft. warehouse at the age of 22 for a Fortune 250 company after I got out of the Air Force. During my time in the Air Force, I worked the Mission Capable planes (the ones that broke down and needed parts the next day or 2 or the mission would be at a stoppage). I helped re-route missions, get people out of bed in the middle of the night to go into the warehouse and get the parts shipped on a sortie flying out of their base. I know how to take care of customers and how shipping/freight works. In my civilian job, we guaranteed our customers next day delivery all the way from U.P. Michigan to Atlanta, GA. AND, the customer didn't have to pay a dime for shipping, unless they wanted something special. So to go from shipping 1,000 lb. air conditioners overnight 4 states away for free, to this company's "give us $40 and we might ship it in a week" attitude really, really, REALLY ticked me off. I haven't been that mad in a while.

So thanks for hearing my story.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.