Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
we took the morrison jeep trail. its pretty hard-core stuff. the commander did fairly well.

specs: morrison jeep trail 20 miles of fun, 2 miles of hell. 5 hours of travel time on the trail.

Damage: passenger side door, 1- BFG Mud KM (slashed side wall), passenger side rockers, passenger side front wheel (chipped), cracked the one stock fog light in my bumper.

minimum requirements for the trail: 2" lift, 31-32" tires, some armor, good driving skills.

Tested: front bumper and skid plate worked great. drivers side rock rail protected great, it didn't bend at all. the passenger side was not finished, i landed on a boulder and it bent it up into the rocker. it will be covered up when i finish that side.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
first part of the trail. nothing horrible. the guys on 4 wheelers kept telling not to go down the trail. that there were boulders larger then my wheels. i have been down this trail before in my toyota. i knew they were full of shat.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
surly they are kidding.....................right?????

here starts 2 miles of hell. blown tire, broken door and rocker gaurds. one guy in a cherokee opted to go back. even though its only 1.5 hours out from here as opposed to 3.5 hours to hit the highway from here.

its a hell of a long way down. on false move and you are dead.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
those are the last of the pictures we took coming down.....

we blew passenger side rear tire on a very sharp rock. and had to change it on the trail. that sucked.

now coming up we have some carnage pictures.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
door. my wife told me it would "THAT WILL BUFF RIGHT OUT!" i almost crapped my pants. it was so funny. its only a $35K vehicle.

the front wheel is now screwed. who made this crap anyway. i barely bounced it off a rock and it just chipped off.

i turned off the park assist because it was driving me nuts. and then i proceeded to put a large dent in the rear bumper. it popped out so i didn't take any pictures of it.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
at then bottom... i put air back in the tires with my harbor frieght compressor. it filled each tire up from 15 psi to 30 psi in 2 minutes. it worked great. i don't think i'll run my tires that low again. the commander weighs too much and the sidewalls are too weak.

the rear tire got pinched and then ripped on a rock.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Nice pics, might have to head up there and try out some of those trails.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts