Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been lurking for a while. I am going to start modding more dramatically here soon so, I figured I'd start my own garage. Ive owed this for 2 years. Bought it with 12k miles for $16k. Been a great truck other than problems with the shift modules. Been through almost all terrains and it has yet to let me down, although I most of the time get scare and back out.

2006 XK Base, 3.7L V6, QT1, 200MM front 213MM rear axles.

Current Mods: (Kind of a Joke LOL)

• Drop in K&N Filter
    LED License Plate Bulbs
    Goodyear Silent Armors Stock Size
    Shorty Antenna
    Debadged Front Jeep logo
    Dumb Parking Light Driver Mod (missing paint on bumper :p)
Future Plans:
OEM Hitch with a shackle
Front Tow Hooks
2" Lift
In dash DVD player with dual 10's
Skid plates - front to rear (except Gas tank)
4xGuard Matrix
OEM Fog Lights
Rear Tint
Rear Cargo Liner - Weathertech
I want to figure out a nice subtle carbon fiber look. Thinking door handles, fuel door, rear plate overhang

On to the pictures: (Be Gentle)

MORE TO COME!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks great, Thanks for opening a garage.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Just in case you don't realize it, you have the "Hulk" wheels which were an option on your Jeep. I didn't see them listed on your signature. Enjoy your Jeep; I know we all do!:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
207 Posts
How do you know those are HULK wheels? I think I have the same...

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
same question on the hulk wheels. i bought mine used and I must have them too...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think they are just the Dark Gray Alloy wheels.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought Champion Platinum Plus and a replacement auxilary skid plate to put on when the weather breaks. Should get some mileage back and clean up the hanging fruit! Pics to follow.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Hulk Wheels

How do you know those are HULK wheels? I think I have the same...
From the 2006 Jeep Commander Sales Brochure: 17-inch Hulk Cast Aluminum painted mineral gray - Available. These were an option on the Commander only, not the Commander Limited. Just wanted to let you know your XK is "special" like mine.:stickpoke: :eyemouth: :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice, I love the look of it. I need to do something about the wheel corrosion from the lead weights. Any recommendations? They want $75 a wheel to refinish them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Put the replacement ac line plastic skid back in place. Cracked a little when I put it in, but should be good. No more hanging fruit to get caught up. Also, took an hour to clean all the mud out of my engine bay. Not perfect, but next weekend I finish it up when I do the plugs.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
nice, I love the look of it. I need to do something about the wheel corrosion from the lead weights. Any recommendations? They want $75 a wheel to refinish them.
If you decide to get them refinished use tape weights on the insides.
I was able to get all 4 rims warranteed and took this path....worked out fine but, now, for winter, I'm running Jeep steel wheels.

Rob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Put on the tow hooks today. It was a hell of alot easier that I suspected it to be. Only took about a half hour. I also took the time to clean all the panels of mud, which added another hour :) Thank you to heretic for the tow hooks. Hopefully I rarely will need to use them.

and I didn't break anything pull the bumper off! Score.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very productive weekend for me. Washed, waxed and polish this bitch. Took around 4 hours and damn are my feet wet :). Took care of a bunch of little scratches and below is the longest running annoyance Ive had with this truck. Drilled extra set of holes for the plates screws to fit. This took care of the rattling from closing the hatch door. Worked out well.
Happy Memorial day, Thank you to all our troops!:headbang2::bowdown:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got alot more work done this weekend. Put the hitch on with the bezel. Cutting the hole was the most intense part of the job. Also, THE DIRECTIONS SUCKED. On with the pictures:

I just realized I didnt take a finished picture of it. Wasn't a bad install at all. Very easy actually. Once I stopped following the directions, LOL. Then task is to get the wiring, I am probably just going to the 4 wire because the trailer, Im going to tow is only a 2 way anyway. To tow this!

One question is, if I go 4 wire will i need to still go to the dealer to activate the lights? Im looking at getting this one.

·
Registered
299 Posts
looking great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts