Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I want to order my cat back system, but the think is that to be honest I'm not too sold on the Gibson, and seems to be the best, or easy option, I like Borla better, what do you guys think the best option would be? should I go with the universal Borla and keep the tubing? or get the Gibson that actualy has a bigger tube? If I end up getting the Gibson it would be stanless... I don't want to get the universal Borla and had a shop make new tubing because of the whole bending thing. What is your opinion??? :confused:

P.S. I'll be adding the AFE CAI step 2 Any opinion on the filter? wet or super dry? any one had any problems with the wet one?

Before any one says any thing, I have used the search and seem the post on this....

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
To get the whole effect you need the larger pipe, the performance difference is going to be nill between the two brands, get the best price and sound you like.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I gotta agree with a49erFootballFan. Complete cat backs do have their advantages like the tubing is larger and tend to be more fitting and less extreme angles which really improve your gains. Your best bet is to stay within your budget and likes. Cause otherwise you will kick yourself in the going I should of got option A.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
ROMEO said:
Ok, so I want to order my cat back system, but the think is that to be honest I'm not too sold on the Gibson, and seems to be the best, or easy option, I like Borla better, what do you guys think the best option would be? should I go with the universal Borla and keep the tubing? or get the Gibson that actualy has a bigger tube? If I end up getting the Gibson it would be stanless... I don't want to get the universal Borla and had a shop make new tubing because of the whole bending thing. What is your opinion??? :confused:

P.S. I'll be adding the AFE CAI step 2 Any opinion on the filter? wet or super dry? any one had any problems with the wet one?

Before any one says any thing, I have used the search and seem the post on this....
I have the wet filter and I have not had any problems.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I love my Magnaflow catback.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I startes this to get some info on for the 4.7 and it became on a post for 5.7

But after seen thos videos, I don't fell that much better about going with the Gibson, it sound stock, I don't want it to be too loud, but I want to fell the diference...

Jeep5253, since you are the search lord, and chance you can find clips for the 4.7?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
ROMEO said:
So I startes this to get some info on for the 4.7 and it became on a post for 5.7

But after seen thos videos, I don't fell that much better about going with the Gibson, it sound stock, I don't want it to be too loud, but I want to fell the diference...

Jeep5253, since you are the search lord, and chance you can find clips for the 4.7?
Sorry Bro, I didn't see any. But I'll look some more.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
ROMEO said:
after seen thos videos, I don't fell that much better about going with the Gibson, it sound stock, I don't want it to be too loud, but I want to fell the diference.
I can tell you there is a big difference between the stock and the Gibson. I will do a recording tomarrow night at the track of the two exhausts on a 5.7, I will also do Hueys 4.7 but I am not sure at this time what exhaust he has.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a49erFootballFan said:
I can tell you there is a big difference between the stock and the Gibson. I will do a recording tomarrow night at the track of the two exhausts on a 5.7, I will also do Hueys 4.7 but I am not sure at this time what exhaust he has.

I'm sure there is a diference, maybe is just the quality of those videos that doesn't show any diference, but out of those videos, I just like the Borla better, but I just don't think it would be better to do a unicersal borla, I guess that Gibson has been tested, by the factory and by many users, has any body installed a resonator on a Gibson cat back ( on a 4.7 ) ? And before any one ask, yes, I just want the look...

·
2,248 Posts
I have a Flowmaster and there is quite a difference between it and the stock muffler.

I think my 4.7 will get waxed tomorrow night by the pair of Hemi's, but I plan to get revenge with the bracket race car. LOL

Offer still open for anyone from around Phoenix that wants to practice burnouts and 1/4 mile runs in the Mustang, just show up at the track.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
HueyPilotVN said:
I have a Flowmaster and there is quite a difference between it and the stock muffler.

I think my 4.7 will get waxed tomorrow night by the pair of Hemi's, but I plan to get revenge with the bracket race car. LOL

Offer still open for anyone from around Phoenix that wants to practice burnouts and 1/4 mile runs in the Mustang, just show up at the track.

Too bad I'm not closer to you guys, I would be going to the track... Good luck with your 4.7, you guys need to make sure you film that race.

Question, your exhaust is not stainless, right? Also, I looked at flomaster's website and they don't show a kit for the commander, the only ones they show for jeep are for the wrangler and '93-'95 gand cherokee.

·
2,248 Posts
I did not get a kit. Just go to any good muffler shop that can fabricate and have them replace the mufler and make up the chrome exhaust tip. The muffler to located so far back that it is a very easy modification. It sounds much better than stock. This does not have to be expensive or take much time to do.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dh63269 said:
Go Borla bro... clearly.

I think that is what I want to do... At the same time I would like to have the wider pipe.

I know I saw the dimentions and specs for the original system on the XK, but I can't find it, and one knows where it is, or just knows them??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Took some sound bits of a stock 5.7 as well as a 5.7 with the Gibson and a 4.7 with a Magnaflo, I will post tomarrow when I get them off my Camera.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
a49erFootballFan said:
Took some sound bits of a stock 5.7 as well as a 5.7 with the Gibson and a 4.7 with a Magnaflo, I will post tomarrow when I get them off my Camera.

Cool, thanks, I'll be looking for them... BTW, how did it go at the track? did you guys race on commanders? and if you did, do you have the video?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts