Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • 07 jeep commander 5.7 hemi tried cataclean to clean converters check engine light still on has anyone with a jeep commander found out how to get lite to go off without buying converters

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried cataclean. I tried running it on a long trip with some fuel additive. Basically every "hack" that I could, to avoid replacing the converter, but I still kept getting that pesky P0420 and P0430 codes

I eventually just had to replace them.

The only tip really is just, whatever you do, don't get it fixed at a dealer or a chain shop like Monro or Pepboys, because the OEM MOPAR replacement includes the entire y-pipe and exhaust assembly, which is mad expensive.

I managed to find a local shop near me that just chops the old cats off and welds new, generic converters back on, without tearing out the entire assembly or rebuilding with MOPAR bits, and it cost just under $600. (Vs a dealer quote, which was $1500-$2000)

·
Registered
169 Posts
  • 07 jeep commander 5.7 hemi tried cataclean to clean converters check engine light still on has anyone with a jeep commander found out how to get lite to go off without buying converters
Not a lot of info there. Are you sure that the check engine light is caused by the cats?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I bought a Bosal cat set and Y from Rock Auto PN 0793164 listed for under $420. The biggest challenge is the O2 sensors which I put new NTK on as well. I have over 6000 miles on it with no problems. I did use a few long extensions and swivels for the manifold bolts. I bought new bolts and the special clip nuts from Mopar. It’s a pain to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts