Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day.

the cd changer just would not stop making noise and cd's are stuck inside and not one would eject, There is 6 inside,

when the car is turned off the radio would turn off, but it will still try to eject endlessly,

I am moderately good with electronics, could someone here tell me if it is possible to fix it myself or is it the matter beyond us mortals?

-I dont have warranty
-XK 2006

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
My 05 Grand Cherokee (same radio) was doing this and I took it apart several times to try to get the stuck CDs out but finally got too rough and destroyed it. I unplugged the harness that connected to the CD player so it would stop cycling and killing my battery after a few days. The rest of the radio worked fine, but I had some CD's I like to play so I replaced the unit with a aftermarket one that also had a memory stick option. I recorded all my CDs to the stick and play from there now.
I swear the CD problem started after changing the car battery but can not prove??
The aftermarket radio was cheaper than a new Jeep one, but after buying all the harnesses and wiring changes I feel I should have just replaced with the Jeep one for about the same price. I also lost the Bose amp with the switch to aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I searched the internet about the battery change and CD player and found a lot of posts, but tried everything for 2 years or more. Only thing left was a trip to the dealer - not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help!

as I understand it seems a tedius job trying to fix it myself,

Can anyone tell me which fuse is for the cd changer to cut its power, as I dont plan to go replace it anytime soon?

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Can anyone tell me which fuse is for the cd changer to cut its power, as I dont plan to go replace it anytime soon?
There is no fuse for just the CD section. If you take out the radio and look at the plugs there are 2 and think one plug just for the CD section - unplug it. I may be wrong and I might have just totally unplugged the whole radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts