Jeep Commander Forum banner

CD Player Stuck in DVD Mode

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Mongo 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I just bought my first Jeep. 2008 Commander and I LOVE it! Only issue is that on the way home from the dealership, I noticed that the stock 6 disc CD changer would not read CDs. Whenever I try to load a disc it says "DVD" in the lower left hand corner and then says "ERROR" and spits the CD back out. I'm not sure why it says DVD as there is no DVD screen. I have called the dealership and they are planning on fixing it for me, but they are over an hour away. I'd like to try to fix it myself (and save everyone time) before my appointment on Sunday. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Read through the Owner's manual, see if it details anything that would explain this.

Are you sure a DVD is NOT still in the loader? See if you can eject any DVD/CD still left in the loader.

If you have the steering wheel controls, try to change modes with the steering wheel control. After putting in my Hands Free Kit, a couple of times my disc/aux mode button wouldn't change modes, I used the steering wheel button and it changed, and it hasn't happen since then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.