Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all,

I have a problem with my new to me '06 Commander. The six disk CD player will not eject the five disks that are inside it, nor will it play them. It had worked perfectly (3 months) up until this little episode. If you choose a disk and hit the eject button it makes all the noises, but nothing works, is flashes "disk error". It will try to eject the disk for about ten minutes before it finally stops. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

bob

·
Registered
422 Posts
Warranty? This happened to me in one of my other cars...didnt have a warranty so I replaced it with a Cheap after market head unit...But I can understand not wanting to mess up the nice dash of the XK that way.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an extended warranty purchased when I bought the truck, but am hopeful there is some "magic trick" I can try on my own.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
I have an extended warranty purchased when I bought the truck, but am hopeful there is some "magic trick" I can try on my own.
Sounds like it is jammed. No magic trick to fix that.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm not sure about your unit, but other car CD players I've had will release the CD if you "reset" the unit. Unfortunately a "reset" wipes out any preset radio stations and sets the unit back to factory defaults. You may want to try it.

John

·
Registered
809 Posts
I forgot to remove the CD's from mine when I installed the iPod adapter, and when I plugged the harness back in with the unit face down (on the shifter housing) it jammed all the CD's and turned a 20 minute job into a 4 hour nightmare.

Having personally disassembled the CD player to remedy the jam, my best advice would be to LOOK INTO YOUR WARRANTY COVERAGE!

In the unfortunate event that they don't cover it, my next thought was to take the entire head unit to a stereo repair shop and have them un-jam it.

Finally, I will admit that I was able to repair the jam myself. A "magic trick" for sure, but one I wouldn't want to attempt again. There are lots of little, little screws holding lots of little, little springs that spontaneously propel rediculously small mechanisms when you least want anything to move. I sweat bullets at the dining table trying to undo that jam before my wife found out I was messing with the Jeep again. She is still unaware of the mishap, or that we have an iPod in the console.

Best of luck to you. With all that said, I am sure your warranty will cover it!

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Greetings to all,

I have a problem with my new to me '06 Commander. The six disk CD player will not eject the five disks that are inside it, nor will it play them. It had worked perfectly (3 months) up until this little episode. If you choose a disk and hit the eject button it makes all the noises, but nothing works, is flashes "disk error". It will try to eject the disk for about ten minutes before it finally stops. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

bob
Mine did the same thing. I'm still under warranty so I took it to the dealer. They told me they coudn't repair it and ordered me a new radio. After the swap, they sent my old radio somewhere and a week or so later my CD's were returned. Good luck!:eek:rangehat:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts