Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search in the forum with no results. I have a CEL on throwing a P0524 code. Low oil pressure....However my oil light is not on. Recently replaced water pump, alternator, 4 coil packs and my oil pressure sensor, I replaced the sensor because my oil light was coming on. I am wondering if I just need to get my PCM flashed as that also popped up on the report from the code reader. Anyone else have this issue? Also anyone in the Dallas-Fort Worth area know cheap places to get it flashed if that is indeed what I need to do

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
As far as I know you can only get the PCM flashed at a Chrysler/Jeep Dealership and it's probably going to run you between $100.00 - $120.00

As far as your Low Oil Pressure light - I would think a faulty oil pump could be a likely cause low oil pressure.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
It seems to me though if it were the oil pump or pressure switch, like last time, the oil light itself would be on.....
I could see your oil light turning on if your engine oil level was low - not necessarily for low oil pressure.

The oil pump sounds like a logical start point for troubleshooting to me, based on your symptoms.

I could be wrong, after all, I'm not a mechanic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What engine oil weight are you using. I use Mobil 1 5w20. The weight which is called for. I switched to 10w30 during the summer and I started throwing that code. I switched back and haven't had anymore codes. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I have done a search in the forum with no results. I have a CEL on throwing a P0524 code. Low oil pressure....However my oil light is not on. Recently replaced water pump, alternator, 4 coil packs and my oil pressure sensor, I replaced the sensor because my oil light was coming on. I am wondering if I just need to get my PCM flashed as that also popped up on the report from the code reader. Anyone else have this issue? Also anyone in the Dallas-Fort Worth area know cheap places to get it flashed if that is indeed what I need to do
Did you ever get this sorted out ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts